First 12

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Pot is bad for your lungs, but so are cigarettes. Marijuana should be legal (for adults), in my opinion. It does less damage than alcohol and simply cannot be compared to other illegal substances.

I agree that smoking pot can be taken to an extreme by some people, but so can drinking beer. The difference is that people who drink beer to an extreme excess cause a lot more car accidents and die of alcohol poisoning much more quickly.
    I agree with all of this. I only mentioned pot because Sim brought it up as some sort of exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think you are blowing it a bit out of proportion there Piranha. Junk food can also harm your body...in fact, everything done in excess can harm ones body. As with everything in life, being balanced and responsible about it is very important, of course. But having fun is no sin.

I basically agree with Colors' post in terms of a possible reasons why you wouldn't want loved us to be doing drugs.
    That's why I don't eat junk food either.

No fun = sin? So that's what I've been doing wrong?! *laughs*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

From purely strategic perspective this completly logical approach

Since if you are investing time and energy into a person and he/she is doing drugs you are probably wasting your time and energy.

But most people simply care about well-being of others. Even if they don't know them that well.

MBTI
    INTP

Why do we care? Because that's how we were indoctrinated. If we had been educated, we wouldn't have to worry because we would both better understand how to use them and also better understand how to react to people who are overdoing it.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    we were indoctrinated
    By whom?

If we had been educated
    By whom?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I agree with all of this. I only mentioned pot because Sim brought it up as some sort of exception.
    Well, if you agree with marmalade's post, then I think we're in agreement too.

Just wanted to say that marijuana is somewhat different because it's so much less potentially harmful than most other substances. It's not physically addictive, it's killed zero people in the history of the world, and most recreational users don't get wrapped up enough in it that their lives are being "controlled", etc.

It's not impossible for it to cause any negative health effects, of course, but I didn't say that. It just seems that given a risk:reward analysis of marijuana vs. other drugs, it's dramatically safer and less likely to cause any serious health problems.

And I felt that was worth noting.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

People do die/get murdered from refer in the manufacturing/distribution phase quite often. More reason to legalize it. i personally wouldn't hang out with potheads though. Reason being, there is a large difference between grass smoking and non-grass smoking people. Not in intelligence but in perception of reality. More often than not, a drugy will deny the shit that is going on out there and live in a little world where their next fix is tops on their list. This can include refer and booze users depending on their frequency of use.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

garbage

I only care when I feel that it's damaging to them in the long term. Some harder drugs definitely have that capability.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Drug use introduces the possibility for harm directly or indirectly, even if it's marajuana. You never want the people you care about to suffer harm.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    i personally wouldn't hang out with potheads though. Reason being, there is a large difference between grass smoking and non-grass smoking people. Not in intelligence but in perception of reality. More often than not, a drugy will deny the shit that is going on out there and live in a little world where their next fix is tops on their list. This can include refer and booze users depending on their frequency of use.
    Really? I smoke almost everyday, and I'm not a 'drugy'. I'm a responsible, tax-paying adult. I've smoked with a lawyer for the state of California, and with an Assistant DA of NYC, among other professionals. I guess they are potheads too, and have a reduced ability to perceive reality.
    Sigh...Here's how adulthood works: you get to do your thing, without hurting others, and others extend the same curtesy to you.

And it's spelled 'reefer'. (Cute little NT)