User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default What happens to your soul when you die?

What are you personal views on what happens when you die? There's more than just electricity that flows through your body that makes it move. Each of us has his or her own individual and unique mind and personality. Each of us has a soul, which is different from one another. If you factor science in this, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So what happens to the energy that makes up you, your soul, your spirit? Can it all just vanish? I know this isn't a new topic, but sometimes I think about it a lot and I'm very curious as to everyone's opinions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, the chemical processes that made up my body and my thoughts will most likely disappear. But thanks to my unique (just like everyone else) religious views, I also think that the "soul", the core being of who I am, goes back to one giant "oversoul", the soul of the universe.. so when we die, we add our experiences to the core of the soul of everything that exists. I feel like that process alone is enough reason for living - by adding our own experiences into the mixture of experiences that all life previously existing in the universe has had, we are furthering the advancement of all life that exists within it.

Or maybe we just die and go to heaven. Who knows? I do think that, even when merged with that life force, some aspects of individuality can come out if you have a strong attachment to something.. which is how I explain ghosts and other phenomena.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Since I think that soul doesn't exist I think that my opinion should be obvious to everyone.

Banned

If such a thing were to exist, it would go with the package and be worm food like the rest of me.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    If such a thing were to exist, it would go with the package and be worm food like the rest of me.
    Inspite of finding this view deppressing, I agree. I don't believe in souls (although I do refer to a persons individuality as their soul) or that we are anything more than just dead once we are gone.

Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

If I was to believe anything happened, I would like to believe that my initial childish ideas when I was a kid are what happens, and that we all get wings and live in the clouds with the ability to travel through space flapping our beautiful wings. that would be cool lol.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

When I die my soul will continue to not exist.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

after the body dies, the mind is still alive, if only for couple of minutes. the lack of oxygen to the brain causes the mind to go into an unstable state of hallucinations and relief of thoughts that could be associated with seeing your personal heaven or hell. after this, it goes black.

the cycle of death is the cycle of life. while my body is decomposing, it will give new life to other beings. with this, even though i die, life will continue. and because this is possible, i may be granted another consciousness and another life in another being. it's a rational reincarnation.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

I would love to believe that there was a soul or such to live on once I've died.
    But no. As the system shuts down, all that is left is worm food. I hope I get well recycled.

I am still waiting on a GUT before I write off all the mysteries in the universe. I would like to cling a wee bit to some vague notion of something greater than what we are, even if we dissolve into that when we die.

My favorite religious ideas tend towards a monistic view of the world. I like the idea expressed in some hindu texts (kashmiri shaivism) that the entire world-everything-is an expansion of a godlike wholeness. So we are all parts of that and if we could look back far enough could become one with that and thus be redefined as god.

Not that I really belive it, but of the choices out there it seems most plauasible.

(cut me some slack, its 5 am and Im a feeeeeler )

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Since I think that soul doesn't exist I think that my opinion should be obvious to everyone.
    In agreement to this. There's not much to be said about it.

(On the bright side, at least I won't be dissappointed. )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf