• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your religion?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Officially, I have never been a member of any religion. Until I was about ten years old I considered myself an Anglican. Then I realised the Anglican church is just a Catholic Church in denial which just happens to have a queen instead of a pope.

I spent the next five years really hating Christianity, since then my views of Christianity have been pretty mixed up. On one hand, I read the New Testament somewhat regularly and believe it is probably the best philosophy there is. While on the other hand, I dislike how 'church leaders' seem to think they are some sort of mediators between God and humans, and tell people how they should live their life. I am pretty sure the only mediator between God and humans in Christianity is Jesus. I also wonder if I really want to call myself a 'christian' with a capital cee as I have met some rather crazy Christians in my time.

I am either a confused Protestant or a deranged atheist, it's hard to tell some times. I will probably have a near death experience or a mental breakdown and become a Quaker or a Christian anarchist (another Oxymoron).:laugh:

Last edited:

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You asked me to pray for a particular political outcome.

And this violates the separation of Church and State.

And along with the Constitution I irrevocably support the separation of Church and State.

And I pointed out that you don't seem to understand that our secular Constitutions arose out of the Wars of Denominational Religion.

And that our Constitutions guarantee freedom of religions.

The Islamists want to replace our Constitutions with Sharia. Then there would be no freedom of religion.

I do think your views are dangerous to Christianity and all other religions.

For the record Victor asked me twice for some thing he could pray for me about. I finally told him the thing that was uppermost on my mind, that the winner of the election, whoever he might be, would be a godly man, and attempt to return us to a nation under God (by which I assured him I did not mean a Theocracy or anything radical.) That was all I asked him to pray about and he got all steamed up about it.

I don't happen to share your views on seperation of church and state so that makes me a politician and not a Christian? You have some weird categories, Victor.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
I don't happen to share your views on seperation of church and state...

Your Constitution and mine mandates the separation of Church and State.

And your new President will publicly and solemnly swear to uphold the Constitution.

So you are the enemy of your own Constitution, and the enemy of your own President.

And make no mistake, you are my enemy as well.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Victor, you are not powerful enough to declare me an enemy of anything or anyone but yourself. I regret that you feel that way. I do not feel that you are my enemy. I also feel that you may need some psychological help. I'm done with this.

heart

heart on fire
For the record Victor asked me twice for some thing he could pray for me about. I finally told him the thing that was uppermost on my mind, that the winner of the election, whoever he might be, would be a godly man, ...

Can a truly "Godly" man make it in modern politics?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I personally don't think anyone who would even consider blending their religious beleifs with their political ideas should ever be in office anywhere, but I realize thats a but optimistic/idealistic and that such a person might not get voted for. A religious man can lead a country well a slong as he keeps it private. If someone is trying to fufill the bible with their policies, all hell will break loose!

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Non-denominational Christian. Hubby and I stopped going to Church because of pretty extreme Evangelicals. We're pretty much considered unsaved by them. I couldn't stand it anymore. bleh.

I so relate to this. Good to know there are others out there.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
people places and things
all of which " God " resides in

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, you are not powerful enough to declare me an enemy of anything or anyone but yourself. I regret that you feel that way. I do not feel that you are my enemy. I also feel that you may need some psychological help. I'm done with this.

I can always do with psychological help.

However in turn, let me suggest you may need help in understanding your own Constitution.

And perhaps you might like to remember the words of Christ who said, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and render to God the things that are God's".

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Mine is a Mix. It's Pagan, Christian, old Rome, Greek, Norsk, Celtic...I really have no Idea how to call that. Freakin Mess. :tongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Grin. It's known in pagan circles as 'eclectic pagan' as far as I know ;)

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Baptized and conformed as Catholic until I was 13, then reconsidered to Neo-Pagan/Hindu... Never looked back since!

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Roman Catholic. I especially enjoy Neo-Thomism (aka Existential Thomism).

I'm a scientist. Our doctrine is rationalism. We believe the Lord Einstein will be resurrected in a Japanese laboratory sometime in the not too distant future.

I'm not sure what being a scientist (or science in general) has to do with religion. Science is not a religion, nor is it opposed to religion. Only individual scientists assert that science and religion are opposed (and uneducated religious folk if you want to be specific). If you chose to believe that they are opposed, I respect that. I just thought it was necessary to point out that being a scientist does not make you opposed to religion, or make consider science your religion. I felt a need to bring this up because I'll be a "full-fledged" scientist after Grad School.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I apologize if you weren't even trying to say what I "accused" (for lack of better word) you of. Descartes was a major figure in the rise of rationalism (and modern western thought) and he was Catholic. Kant believed that you couldn't prove God's existence or non-existence, but did believe that people are justified in believing in Him.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Jewish/Agnostic hybrid. I believe in the Jewish culture and the Jewish people, but not the invisible man.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I already answered this, but I will answer again for a reason that will become obvious in a second...

I am an atheist :jew:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm a Jesus believer that hates Christianity. I don't have a one word label for myself.