User Tag List

First 1252606162636472 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Perhaps when I was younger I could have agreed with some, if not all of that, now it just has a profoundly depressing ring to it.
    I dont think its depressing I feel free.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I dont think its depressing I feel free.
    Yeah, I anticipated that you know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Which I reckon sounds like personal responsibility as determined by the liberal cultural milleau.

No one is as original, novel or unique as they think it.
    I don't do it because of the liberal cultural milleau, and I don't think that way to feel original, novel or unique.

I'll try to say this in the safest way possible:

I was born, raised, baptized, and confirmed in the Episcopal Church but I've left it and am now Agnostic.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    well I bet you all would never think you'd here the day when I'd tell you that..

I am Agnostic..
    When did that happen?

I too am Agnostic. I too spent time in the Episcopal church growing up and then the Anglican church.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    When did that happen?

I too am Agnostic. I too spent time in the Episcopal church growing up and then the Anglican church.
    A couple of months ago. Something clicked and I began to hate the church. I question a lot that I've been brought up on, yet don't have answers that come with age and experience.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    A couple of months ago. Something clicked and I began to hate the church. I question a lot that I've been brought up on, yet don't have answers that come with age and experience.
    I know exactly where you're at.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I know exactly where you're at.
    Straight up brutha.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm a christian? by defination. And I fail at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Yeah, I anticipated that you know.
    Religion can help lots of people, thats great! I just dont feel comfortable with it, why should I believe another mans words, & not one religion is better then another or more right then another....wheres the proof anyway.

Im just unsure

What I do know is what feels right or wrong in my heart and in my solar plexus, I dont need to follow a religion when I have that.

To each their own!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Religion can help lots of people, thats great! I just dont feel comfortable with it, why should I believe another mans words, & not one religion is better then another or more right then another....wheres the proof anyway.

What I do know is what feels right or wrong in my heart and in my solar plexus, I dont need to follow a religion when I have that.

To each their own!
    This highlights the distinction between religion and spirituality (perhaps already made in this thread -- I have not read all the pages). Many people who do not follow an established church or religion still consider themselves spiritual and follow spiritual practices on their own or with an informal group of like-minded individuals. Each of us believes what we believe. Religions are then a bit like shoes in the store: none are tailor-made to our specific feet and style, but many people still manage to find a pair with a satisfactory fit. The rest of us have to be a bit more creative and self-motivated.