User Tag List

First 1151596061626371 Last

your resident asshole

I was baptized in a Catholic church, but I am agnostic and follow my own principles of right and wrong.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I was baptized in a Catholic church, but I am agnostic and follow my own principles of right and wrong.
    I like to hear that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I like to hear that.
    Just interested as to why you'd say that? Are you anti-catholic or morally relativistic?

Everytime I hear someone saying they live by their own principles or the only morality is one they devise themselves I always think of Dalmer, Gein et al.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Everyone in real life thinks I'm Catholic, since I was confirmed, baptized etc.
    But I follow my own beliefs and don't find a need for religion in my life.
    I don't even remember the last time I went to church after I turned 18. My parents just stopped forcing me to go, because I guess I became an adult in their eyes and respected my preference of never going to church again.

I am Agnostic, heres some quotes I can relate to...

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
    Charles Darwin

I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortur
    Daniel J. Boorstin

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. ~Seneca the Younger

Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism. ~William James

I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless. ~Peter Walker

Religion: A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. ~Ambrose Bierce

All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry. ~Edgar Allen Poe
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Just interested as to why you'd say that? Are you anti-catholic or morally relativistic?

Everytime I hear someone saying they live by their own principles or the only morality is one they devise themselves I always think of Dalmer, Gein et al.
    I'm not anti-catholic, but maybe morally relativistic.

I just like the idea of setting your own morals and rights and wrongs and dealing with the consequences that follow. Simply put.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Me too.

I'm an ignostic to be more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm not anti-catholic, but maybe morally relativistic.

I just like the idea of setting your own morals and rights and wrongs and dealing with the consequences that follow. Simply put.
    Which I reckon sounds like personal responsibility as determined by the liberal cultural milleau.

No one is as original, novel or unique as they think it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I guess Im Agnostic, heres some quotes I can relate to...

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
    Charles Darwin

I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortur
    Daniel J. Boorstin

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. ~Seneca the Younger

Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism. ~William James

I refuse to be labeled immoral merely because I am godless. ~Peter Walker

Religion: A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. ~Ambrose Bierce

All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry. ~Edgar Allen Poe
    Perhaps when I was younger I could have agreed with some, if not all of that, now it just has a profoundly depressing ring to it.

If I was forced in to choosing a religion I would chose Buddhism
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari