User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Christian. Baptist to be precise. My faith is rooted in the Bible, but I don't believe in "religion" as a set of rules or regulations or an attempt to reach out to the divine. Christ came and reached down to us instead. Christ is a person, not a religion. I believe in being reconciled with God through Jesus and having a relationship with him as a Father. (First time I get to use this icon!)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    And how have you come up with this conclusion?
    Because the more people we try to love, that means the less love we're able to give them. Of course this is true if you meant it in a literal and abstract sense. For the record, I don't think you did.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Saffronsocks View Post
    I lean towards Buddhism, but with a bit of paganism, daoism, and personal mythology thrown in for fun. Technically a Unitarian Universalist, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't do religion. I create my own beliefs based off of life experiences, perceptions, and values.

I'm stuck between dropping everything I've been taught, and having a defined religion of my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I see teachings of different religions as interesting, and often, insightful philosophies about life, but, none that I would perscribe as my "way of life".

"God" was birthed by the human mind, not the other way around. If anything I "believe" in the potential of the human mind (of which, we don't yet fully know the limits).
    These things, mostly

To the extent that religion fosters personal growth, wisdom, fellowship, and a sense of meaning outside of the self, I embrace it. To the extent that it is used to persecute others and inhibits the discovery of the true inner workings of our universe, I would fight against it.

I mean, "love one another" is some good advice.

A positive, world-changing mindset should be the end goal of religion. If those who are more religious than I want to attribute that mindset to the Christian God or some other entity, knock yourselves out. Ultimately, I believe that spiritual development is important in some capacity, and different cultures have different terms and explanations for very similar concepts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Unitarian Universalism is pretty close, but all n' all I don't really have a religion.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I believe in dragons whose behavior is mandated by Jupiter all the way from the Mount Everest!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Don't have one, atheist.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I believe in dragons whose behavior is mandated by Jupiter all the way from the Mount Everest!
    that's well and good, but where are the dragsons?!
    we fukin won boys

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    that's well and good, but where are the dragsons?!
    What!? You don't know where the dragons are? Haven't you ever seen a fire? Just because you can't see dragons doesn't mean they don't exist! They are there in spirit, by every fire. Haven't you ever heard the good old question of 'do you believe in the wind?' in response to your remarks of atheism? So, since you believe in the wind, you must also believe in dragons. God exists, you can't see him, but you can feel him; just like you can't see the wind, but you certainly can feel it! Nothing is different for dragons, you can't see them but you better believe that you can feel them and what greater evidence is there for their existence than fire! Come on, floods that happened in homosexual infested towns recently, in Sodom and Gomorrah and of course the fact that Noah's Arc has been discovered is sufficient evidence for Jehovah's existence! So, we must conclude that just as truly as we observe God's power in the flood, we definitely observe the amazing power of dragons in every great forest fire that we see! You arrogant, ungrateful twit! You should count yourself blessed for the fact that you can use fire to cook and at your camping ground; how dare you refuse to acknowledge the dragons for this privelege that you have!?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Considering conversion to Church of the Subgenius...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro