First 345671555 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    lol, I hate praise music except for the purpose of ironic religious expression.
    Are we talking Sandi Patti / Gloria Gaither / Maranatha Singers over-the-top praise music (a la holdover from the '80's) or today's "look ma no musical talent but I can still strum a guitar!" praise music?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I don't know how exactly I would describe *my* congregation... it's rather evangelical. EveryNation
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Are we talking Sandi Patti / Gloria Gaither / Maranatha Singers over-the-top praise music (a la holdover from the '80's) or today's "look ma no musical talent but I can still strum a guitar!" praise music?
    Oh Lord I hate that stuff. Especially if it has the pep rally thing going on. And the Song of Solomon/Bride of Christ stuff gives me the uber-willies.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I don't know how exactly I would describe *my* congregation... it's rather evangelical. EveryNation
    Heh. We're practically cousins religiously speaking.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Heh. We're practically cousins religiously speaking.

um why do you say that? b/c of the evangelical aspect or are you part of the EV Family?

We're part of a larger US based 'Organization" ENCM Our senior pastor likes this b/c in his words he tends to get cocky and arrogant and needs someone to hold him accountable for his actions. lol!
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    um why do you say that? b/c of the evangelical aspect or are you part of the EV Family?

We're part of a larger US based 'Organization" ENCM Our senior pastor likes this b/c in his words he tends to get cocky and arrogant and needs someone to hold him accountable for his actions. lol!
    I read the statement of faith on the website and if your people speak the same church-speak my people do, the beliefs are fairly close.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I read the statement of faith on the website and if your people speak the same church-speak my people do, the beliefs are fairly close.

oh yeah 'church speak'
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    ISTP

Somewhere between strong and weak atheism. I would consider myself some form of rationalist, separate from empiricism, despite considering myself a pragmaticist in general. I believe that embracing empiricism gives up the ability for rationalism to deal with weightier matters (read: spiritual), which is unacceptable to me.

The central reason for this is the lack of faith in innate experience and my view that supernatural defies the principles of the universe - that supernatural would be, by definition, a subjective interpretation of what we do not know. (I do not, however, embrace the concept that all can be known via rationalism or other means; hence the see-saw between strong and weak atheism; I do embrace that the assumption of either stance on supernaturalism is a false premise.)

MBTI
    INTP

Mystical nihilist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes.

Sufjan has my seal of approval as Christian artist (and what do you know, like Madeleine L'Engle, he doesn't want to be called a "Christian artist." Funny how the good ones are like that...). I don't mind Caedmon's Call as far as contemporary Christian music goes, but other than that, it's all reserved for Sister Eileen's Traveling Holy Rolling Praise and Worship Irony Extravaganza.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.