User Tag List

First 2129303132334181 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 849

  1. #301
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    coke or pepsi?
    Pepsi.

    See, I can answer a question. Can you?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  2. #302
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Buddhism is certainly an organised religion in Sri Lanka
    When i said Buddhism is not a religion what i meant was that it was not Buddha's intention to make his teachings to be followed as a religion.

    The present day Buddhists have turned his teachings into a religion. therefor i guess you are right. Buddhism is a religion. but that was not Buddha's intention.

    His teachings were a way of life to achieve NIRVANA. He did not say that if you do not follow his teaching that you would BURN IN HELL.
    But he did say that his teachings were the ultimate path to NIRVANA(enlightenment).

    But he also said that YOU (anyone) could on their own could find the path to ENLIGHTENMENT.

    ANYONE!

  3. #303
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    coke or pepsi?
    Coke; I keep praying to that which is "It" that those poor heathen pepsi drinkers will see the light. At least they're not as bad as those depraved Diet Coke heretics, however.

  4. #304
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    Anyway my point is - Buddhism is not a religion.
    Yes, it is, and has been for a very long time. Even fractured as it was throughout history, including the belief in gods, etc. it has had the core elements of religion for a very long time.

    The only "religion" that I can think of that isn't really a religion, that exists in the semi-present day, is Confucianism... and I still consider that a semi-institutionalized belief system, hence a religion, but it's not clear. It wouldn't be much different than calling the belief in democracy a religion.

  5. #305
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Yes, it is, and has been for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    When i said Buddhism is not a religion what i meant was that it was not Buddha's intention to make his teachings to be followed as a religion.

    The present day Buddhists have turned his teachings into a religion. therefor i guess you are right. Buddhism is a religion. but that was not Buddha's intention.
    there you go.

  6. #306
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Your point is? Let us consider that your highly questionable statement is true. So what?
    Don't bother. He openly admits that he doesn't intend to be logical in his posts, so don't expect any consistency of ideas.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #307
    Te > Fi > Ni Shaula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    coke or pepsi?
    Pepsi please. Coke god can suck it.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

  8. #308
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    He openly admits that he doesn't intend to be logical in his posts...
    It must be obvious from my posts that I am highly logical.

    My formal position is this -

    Logic requires something to work with. It does not work just by itself. You apply logic to something.

    I am interested in applying logic to images, to the unconscious and to the imagination.

    But first you must let an image arise; or listen to the unconscious; or allow the imagination to play.

    Once you have done that, it is appropriate, good and useful to apply logic to the results.

  9. #309
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It must be obvious from my posts that I am highly logical.
    You're delusional.

  10. #310
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    When i said Buddhism is not a religion what i meant was that it was not Buddha's intention to make his teachings to be followed as a religion.

    The present day Buddhists have turned his teachings into a religion.
    I hear you say that present day Buddhists are not true Buddhists.

    This is a logical fallacy called, "The no true Scotsman fallacy".

    You can read about the, "no true Scotsman fallacy", by clicking on -

    No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similar Threads

  1. What's your favorite font?
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 12:56 AM
  2. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 08:44 PM
  3. What's Your Shoe Size??
    By FranG in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-23-2015, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO