User Tag List

First 2028293031324080 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    Buddhism is not a religion.
    Buddhism is certainly an organised religion in Sri Lanka.

And for twenty-six years organised Buddhism in Sri Lanka has been inciting the killing of Sri Lankan Tamils.

Buddhism in Sri Lanka has actively incited and supported one of the world's deadliest armed conflicts which has been pursued for twenty-six years.

What you have presented here is New Age propaganda.

Your propaganda is entirely untrue, and it is pernicious and meant to mislead.

But why should we be surprised as MBTI itself is part of the New Age Movement?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't follow one strict religion, but I certainly do believe in a divine being.

I like to incorprate teachings and ideas of all religions- believing in the Buddha, following Hinduism pretty closely, especially with the concept of the Om, putting faith in Jesus Christ, and beliefs of Daoism, Islam, and even Native American divine beings, as I feel a strong connection to the spiritual world.

I guess the four I'd follow most closely would be, in no particular order, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Native American views.

I'm a highly spiritual person, but I don't like to bring it on here. I go to an Episcopal church yet I have a huge tapestry of the Buddha covering two walls in my room. I have the Om printed on such things in my room, and I have a few Native American spiritual shrines.

I guess in general, the idea of a divine being is superior over all of these religions, in my eyes, and above keeping to basic moral, like the 10 commandments, I value love for others. Love over obeying the rules. I'm a warrior at heart, hence why I have a strong faith for Native Americans. This may go against some of the pacifist beliefs of Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism, but basic concepts I find universal. Like I said, I really emphasize love over, perhaps, the rest.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTx

Atheist. Perhaps Humanist if one considers it a religion.

I don't need religions, I believe in my own strength and abilities.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Secular humanism. This philosophy is so legit, I wouldn't mind people calling it a religion, if that could make it more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Atheist. Perhaps Humanist if one considers it a religion.
    Erasmus is known as the Prince of the Humanists.

He was born in 1466 and lived until 1563.

He was a Dutch Dominican Monk and a priest.

I am always amazed that Humanism is considered anti-religion when humanism grew out of the Renaissance.

And the Renaissance grew out of the monasteries that preserved the Bible and Ancient Greek philosophy.

Erasmus himself was a Dutch Renaissance Humanist and a Catholic Christian Theologian.

And interestingly, the Church never repudiated his writing or his teaching.

And most interestingly, Erasmus was a Christian Humanist.

And somewhat alarmingly, there are no Islamic Humanists, or Buddhist Humanists, or Hindu Humanists or any Confucian Humanists, or even New Age Humanists.

However there are Secular Humanists who owe their origins to Christianity.

Just as the Abolition of Slavery, the Emancipation of Women, the prosecution of child sexual abuse, Free Speech and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, all owe their origins to Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as the Abolition of Slavery, the Emancipation of Women, the prosecution of child sexual abuse, Free Speech and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, all owe their origins to Christianity.
    Your point is? Let us consider that your highly questionable statement is true. So what?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Agnositc LeVay Satinist...I know ive posted this once, but I forgot the agnostic part...

As well as a Moral Nihilist.
    SDMF

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Your point is? Let us consider that your highly questionable statement is true. So what?
    There has never been a civilization not based on a religion.

Our civilization is named Western Civilization after Western Europe.

And the history of Europe is the history of the Church.

And so the religion of our civilization is Christianity.

And Christianity gave birth to the Secular State which guarantees Freedom of Religion and Universal Human Rights.

The Organisation of the Islamic Conference consists of 57 Islamic States.

The Conference and the 57 Islamic States have publicly repudiated the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. And as I write, these same Islamic States are trying to pass a binding resolution on all members of the UN, to make Free Speech a crime.

This is simply an attack by barbarity on our civilization.

So to defend our civilization it is vital to understand who we are and what we stand for.

It is of over-riding importance that we know what our values are and defend them from attack by barbarism.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Victor, you seem very wise and knowledgable of religion, would you mind assessing my post? It's just a little further up this page, or on the last.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?