Socionics
    SLE

Self Indulgence.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

My conscience is my primary spiritual motivator.

Personally I'd say I'm a deist, or even agnostic. I am fine with evolution or any similar scientific theory of creation, but the fact is that even science has trouble with the time point t=0. What preceded the Big Bang, what caused it to happen in the first place? Did some external force, call it whatever you want, press a button and then leave us be? I would believe so, but the jury's still out where the objective truth is concerned, so I don't really know and haven't made up my mind yet.
    Not really.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Agnostic apparently with some Buddhist leanings. I've started some beginning meditation and attended a class on it. It appears to align with how i naturally think.

I am agnostic primarily because I think the human mind is most likely incapable of understanding the nature of all things. Humility of thought is an idea that guides my own thinking. What i mean by this is to avoid presumption and absolute conclusions. It is not hard to demonstrate that human beings are limited in our ability to understand the world around us. There are examples of people who cannot comprehend say advanced math, etc. What reason is there to suppose that those individuals who are most intelligent and perceptive among us don't have limits. Every other creature we observe is hardwired to have limitations in their concept of reality (as far as we can tell). There are questions they do not have the capacity to ask. I suspect human, as the clever apes we have become, are no different. To draw an absolute conclusion on the nature of reality when there is nothing to suggest we can comprehend or even perceive everything appears presumptuous to me. It is important on the other hand to not dismiss all knowledge because of this, but for me the question of god is not a process by which we construct a series of parameters on the definition and then set out to observe, measure and prove or disprove its existence. The question of god at its core is a question about the nature of reality. If you remove the defined parameters on the concept of god the question isn't if there is a god, but "why do people ask that question" and "what is the nature of reality"?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm leaning more towards atheism since the religious people (which is pretty much everyone surrounding me) I encounter are terribly hypocritical and usually behave as though they're spaced out with glazed over eyes (hello, anybody home?). I'd say atheist but my feelings won't let me think this is it, so in order to keep myself humored I'll just say I'm in limbo.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm leaning more towards atheism since the religious people (which is pretty much everyone surrounding me) I encounter are terribly hypocritical and usually behave as though they're spaced out with glazed over eyes (hello, anybody home?). I'd say atheist but my feelings won't let me think this is it, so in order to keep myself humored I'll just say I'm in limbo.
    Why would you let the people who surround you determine what you believe yourself?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Self Indulgence.
    Me too!

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdsister View Post
    If I had to say then it would be Taoist/Buddhist but I don't subscribe to organised religion, even though I am fascinated by it!
    Buddhism is not a religion. it is a philosophy. a way of life.

it doesn't preach abt a god to worship and it doesn't tell you what to do or what not to do. it just tells you how to achieve NIRVANA(enlightenment) to people who WANTS to achieve enlightenment. others can do whatever they want.
    Buddha's intention was to TEACH others the path to enlightenment.
    this path is called Dhamma.
    His policy was simple - take it or leave it.

Anyway my point is - Buddhism is not a religion.

*hides before the 100000000000th instance of this discussion breaks loose*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    Buddhism is not a religion. it is a philosophy. a way of life.

it doesn't preach abt a god to worship and it doesn't tell you what to do or what not to do. it just tells you how to achieve NIRVANA(enlightenment) to people who WANTS to achieve enlightenment. others can do whatever they want.
    Buddha's intention was to TEACH others the path to enlightenment.
    this path is called Dhamma.
    His policy was simple - take it or leave it.

Anyway my point is - Buddhism is not a religion.

Buddhism has rituals and community. It's a religion.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Why would you let the people who surround you determine what you believe yourself?
    coke or pepsi?
    Time is a delicate mistress.