User Tag List

First 1422232425263474 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Default evangelical Christian

the church I attended as a kid had a very traditional doctrine but with a more contemporary liturgical format...

my faith is very important to me and have looked into other ideas on things metaphysical but still found them unconvincing...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Skepticism.

I am agnostic.

Somewhere, my Pentecostal grandmother is weeping.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Metaphysically, I'm an assertoric, practical atheist.

But as Victor pointed out (he has probably read Weber, Durckheim ou Comte-Sponville), western civilization is the heir of judeo-greek-christian traditions, whether we want it not. And so is modern humanism. Thus despite my strong atheist tendencies, I do not consider myself at war with believers, as long as they do not try to convert me.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm a Lutheran.

Non-Religious

I'd rather control my own life ty

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm Catholic; I also dislike telling this to people because of how people tend to react. I feel as though my opinion losses all value in their eyes. I think it also has something to do with being introverted and not really wanting to deal with potential questions or interrogations.

I'm probably agnostic. At a younger age I went to church, but felt it was far too restricting and controlling. I was generally skeptical about the people who preached also because their thoughts and logic did not make sense to me. I went to a church about a month ago for a Baptism though and the person preaching was far bigger on disclosure and had very little intent on trying to trick people into thinking certain ways. He was also far more interested in helping people than converting people and evangelism, and this had quite a bit of appeal. My main reason for being agnostic/atheist is I can't really see what church can offer me apart from muddled thoughts, and an external more cryptic version of what Fi offers me. I agree with helping people already, and I believe in the more mystic side of life. Thing is I would actually love people to follow Jesus in his ways and help people, but I have a lot more reserve when it comes to following some of the people I've heard preach.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ISTP

Atheist. Im not saying there isnt whatever other people believe in, I just dont believe in them myself. I was raised atheist although I had a few strongly religious friends as a young child and this, along with some religious instruction classes at school (instruction in one specific religion, of course) and I had a period of six months or so when I was eight maybe where I believed in God. Because it was taught as the truth rather than a possibility. In the end my apathy and laziness won out. Praying is boring. So now I'm atheist.

Probably the main reasons I don't believe in anything in particular is because I don't see why one religion is any more right or true than the others. Also a lot of religion seems to be terribly inconsistent and hypocritical from my point of view. Many are overly constricting with too many annoying and pointless rules. And I dont need faith as some sort of safety and security thing to get me through hard times: Im perfectly capable of coping without it.

I have no problem with religion unless religion starts making itself a problem. As long as religion doesnt affect people negatively, and allows them to do as they want (within reason of course) then I have no problem with it. As soon as religion is the reason someone is treated differently or important rights are taken away, I get annoyed. I dont like being preached to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Christian
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1