First 917181920212969 Last

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Officially, I have never been a member of any religion. Until I was about ten years old I considered myself an Anglican. Then I realised the Anglican church is just a Catholic Church in denial which just happens to have a queen instead of a pope.

I spent the next five years really hating Christianity, since then my views of Christianity have been pretty mixed up. On one hand, I read the New Testament somewhat regularly and believe it is probably the best philosophy there is. While on the other hand, I dislike how 'church leaders' seem to think they are some sort of mediators between God and humans, and tell people how they should live their life. I am pretty sure the only mediator between God and humans in Christianity is Jesus. I also wonder if I really want to call myself a 'christian' with a capital cee as I have met some rather crazy Christians in my time.

I am either a confused Protestant or a deranged atheist, it's hard to tell some times. I will probably have a near death experience or a mental breakdown and become a Quaker or a Christian anarchist (another Oxymoron).
    Last edited by Falcarius; 10-14-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Welcome to the club.
    You take personal animosity to a new level.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You asked me to pray for a particular political outcome.

And this violates the separation of Church and State.

And along with the Constitution I irrevocably support the separation of Church and State.

And I pointed out that you don't seem to understand that our secular Constitutions arose out of the Wars of Denominational Religion.

And that our Constitutions guarantee freedom of religions.

The Islamists want to replace our Constitutions with Sharia. Then there would be no freedom of religion.

I do think your views are dangerous to Christianity and all other religions.
    For the record Victor asked me twice for some thing he could pray for me about. I finally told him the thing that was uppermost on my mind, that the winner of the election, whoever he might be, would be a godly man, and attempt to return us to a nation under God (by which I assured him I did not mean a Theocracy or anything radical.) That was all I asked him to pray about and he got all steamed up about it.

I don't happen to share your views on seperation of church and state so that makes me a politician and not a Christian? You have some weird categories, Victor.
    Last edited by Journey; 10-13-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: wanted to carefully word so as not to incite debate
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't happen to share your views on seperation of church and state...
    Your Constitution and mine mandates the separation of Church and State.

And your new President will publicly and solemnly swear to uphold the Constitution.

So you are the enemy of your own Constitution, and the enemy of your own President.

And make no mistake, you are my enemy as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Victor, you are not powerful enough to declare me an enemy of anything or anyone but yourself. I regret that you feel that way. I do not feel that you are my enemy. I also feel that you may need some psychological help. I'm done with this.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

heart on fire

For the record Victor asked me twice for some thing he could pray for me about. I finally told him the thing that was uppermost on my mind, that the winner of the election, whoever he might be, would be a godly man, ...
    Can a truly "Godly" man make it in modern politics?

MBTI
    infp

I personally don't think anyone who would even consider blending their religious beleifs with their political ideas should ever be in office anywhere, but I realize thats a but optimistic/idealistic and that such a person might not get voted for. A religious man can lead a country well a slong as he keeps it private. If someone is trying to fufill the bible with their policies, all hell will break loose!

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Non-denominational Christian. Hubby and I stopped going to Church because of pretty extreme Evangelicals. We're pretty much considered unsaved by them. I couldn't stand it anymore. bleh.

I so relate to this. Good to know there are others out there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

people places and things
    all of which " God " resides in
    I N V I C T U S

Victor, you are not powerful enough to declare me an enemy of anything or anyone but yourself. I regret that you feel that way. I do not feel that you are my enemy. I also feel that you may need some psychological help. I'm done with this.
    I can always do with psychological help.

However in turn, let me suggest you may need help in understanding your own Constitution.

And perhaps you might like to remember the words of Christ who said, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and render to God the things that are God's".