User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

heart on fire

Western Civilization more and more affected by New Thought/New Age/Neo-Paganism-Earth/Greenism religion. If one absorbs any media or is in public education system, no way to avoid it now. Not that many even questioning if they want this or if it is a good thing, just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Western Civilization more and more affected by New Thought/New Age/Neo-Paganism-Earth/Greenism religion. If one absorbs any media or is in public education system, no way to avoid it now. Not that many even questioning if they want this or if it is a good thing, just accept it.
    You probably know my view on this.

There is nothing new about the New Age. It reached its heights in Europe in the early twentieth century.

But it is a simply a derivative movement. It is a reaction against both the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.

So from my perspective, the New Age Movement is a reactionary movement within Judeo-Greek-Christianity.

It is essentially a heresy. But we have learnt to live peacefully with heresies.

And it is important to emphasize that we have many, many heresies within Judeo-Greek-Christianity. Or you might say we have many peaceful heresies within Western civilization.

We have stopped killing heretics and heretics have stopped killing us and each other.

And the New Age is simply another peaceful heresy.

God bless 'em.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You probably know my view on this.

There is nothing new about the New Age. It reached its heights in Europe in the early twentieth century.

But it is a simply a derivative movement. It is a reaction against both the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.
    We just split hairs on the exact origin of it. I say it came out of the New Thought movement, not the whole Romantic movement. The Great Awakenings were some good fruits of the Romantic era reacting against the colder rationalism of extreme Enlightenment thinking and creating social change.

New Thought not so much a good fruit because it does away with perspective and judgment, don't judge, it's all good! (Seeds of Eastern religion never meant for a Western world because our culture and nature is very different.)

So from my perspective, the New Age Movement is a reactionary movement within Judeo-Greek-Christianity.

It is essentially a heresy. But we have learnt to live peacefully with heresies.

And it is important to emphasize that we have many, many heresies within Judeo-Greek-Christianity. Or you might say we have many peaceful heresies within Western civilization.

We have stopped killing heretics and heretics have stopped killing us and each other.

And the New Age is simply another peaceful heresy.

God bless 'em.
    Well for now they don't burn heretics, but we're the same human race that did so. And who will be the new heretics in the times to come?

Pint-Size Eco-Police, Making Parents Proud and Sometimes Crazy

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i identify as a secular humanist with some atheism thrown in the mix.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    i identify as a secular humanist with some atheism thrown in the mix.
    Humanism comes out of the Renaissance.

And the first humanist was Erasmus, a Dutch Dominican priest of the fifteenth century.

And interestingly the Church accepted his work.

And so the father of humanism was a Christian priest.

So your antecedents were decidedly Christian.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't have one.

MBTI
    INxJ

My religion is Science. Actually, I'm not religious.

MBTI
    infp

No religion, a desperate desire to believe in something but the choices are limited and I can't make up my mind whether intuition or wishful thinking is what makes a small part of me hope that there must be something more.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

My spirituality is of the first type. I suppose the label for that is Paganism.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

heart, you're never going to get to sing, "I ain't no hollarchy back girl!"
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer