User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Would it suffice to say that I believe in me?
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My religion is my spirit. No one I have ever met expresses my views, but it's not a social experience, it's a spiritual experience.

what do I believe? Well..yes I do believe in one superior being. One overall God that exists not only in heaven and earth, but in our souls too..I believe in Jesus..and Muhammad...and Lao-tse...and the Buddha...and Shiva..whatever prophet they may be..from whatever religion it may be..EVERY RELIGION BASICALLY ENFORCES THE SAME OVERALL THEME. So..I guess I'm Buddhist/Hindu/Daoist/Christian/Juddist/Islam/Pagean..etc. but overtop all of these views, I am highly spiritual, I believe in one true God who is above everything, larger then the universe, yet small enough to fit blissfully into our heart.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Sniffles

I'm a traditional Catholic.

Atheist.(scientific)

In the US people would probaly see me as militant atheist.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Atheist.(scientific)

In the US people would probaly see me as militant atheist.
    Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism. If you just let people believe what they want to believe, and if you don't get disproportionately hostile to criticism, odds are that you won't be considered atheist.

Maybe we could call you a "devout" atheist?
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-04-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: weak attempt at humor
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Are you sure that just "devout" will do?

MBTI
    INTP

I have no religion, I'm an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism.
    Seems to me the epithet 'militant atheist' is thrown at anyone who rejects religion, embraces rationality, and upholds secularity.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Muslim. Also agnostic, in the sense that I don't think the existence or nonexistence of God can be proved objectively.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Militancy is judged by how much you push your atheism on others, or maybe by how hard you bite back when someone "attacks" your atheism. If you just let people believe what they want to believe, and if you don't get disproportionately hostile to criticism, odds are that you won't be considered atheist.

Maybe we could call you a "devout" atheist?
    No, atheist is fine. Agnostic is someone that doesn't believe in god but keeps an open mind about it. An atheist has concluded for himself that indeed there is no god and nothing you say or do will convince him otherwise.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by V Profane View Post
    Seems to me the epithet 'militant atheist' is thrown at anyone who rejects religion, embraces rationalism, and upholds secularism.
    Corrected. There's nothing about contrary to religion in rationality and secularity. If that really so; then a shitload of religious people would be classified as almost 'militant atheists': St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Anslem, Jacques Maritain, Pope Benedict XVI, and plenty plenty others.