Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Hey, not bad, Jaguar; you've established yourself as an offical TypologyC troll in less than 200 posts.
    I believe that was me back in late Feb 09.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well seeing how off topic this thread has gotten, largely due to misinformation, I could understand how someone could think ill of atheists for likely basing their opinions on inaccurate facts.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Because an atheist's lack of belief is a direct affront to the religious person's deeply-held beliefs.
    INFJ
    4w5

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Look pal, if you want to stick up for child molesters,
    knock yourself out.
    If so much focus is put on this statistic relating to a specific title as priest, then we'll just go ahead and overlook how many more (per capita) teachers that are pederasses. Nice of the media to put the heat on a certain title to benefit their political views. In my area over 10 teachers have been arrested for molestation this year. No how i heard about it? i have a friend who's a teacher.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Sniffles

Default Posting in Victor mode.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Nice of the media to put the heat on a certain title to benefit their political views. In my area over 10 teachers have been arrested for molestation this year. No how i heard about it? i have a friend who's a teacher.
    The perfect expression of the value of education in the modern West is for a teacher to have absolute power to rape many children over many years and have the bureaucracy protect you from the law.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    You're still mixed up a little. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the three distinct Persons of God, all of which = God. And God is the only being that Catholics worship, though we may experience God through any and all of the three Persons. I honestly don't know where the bit about the Pope comes from, but even were Victor's claim true, it's hardly grounds to dismiss the Church.
    Wasn't dismissing them at all, I said I would not join them. As people Catholics are cool, but as a system of religion they are secretive and hypocritical.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    As people Catholics are cool, but as a system of religion they are secretive and hypocritical.
    What do you mean?

MBTI
    INTJ

Purpose people. Purpose. Its all about purpose.

MBTI
    INTP

When I first became an atheist I was at a Catholic high school and I got an instant feeling of superiority over everybody else and in my immaturity and rebellion I tried actively to get in trouble for not believing in God.

Of course I never could. I realised years later who I was acting like:

Instead of being the "only gay in the village" I was trying hard to be the "only atheist in the Catholic School". I think there's a tendency with atheists to purposefully set themselves apart and hope they're offensive to religious people. So I also think that the extent to which atheists are "thought ill of" is probably exaggerated by atheists themselves.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Instead of being the "only gay in the village" I was trying hard to be the "only atheist in the Catholic School". I think there's a tendency with atheists to purposefully set themselves apart and hope they're offensive to religious people. So I also think that the extent to which atheists are "thought ill of" is probably exaggerated by atheists themselves.

Question:

What do you do with countries where atheists are widespread, or even represent the majority?
    Do you really think our only goal is to offense "religious people"?

Wouldn't it be very immature to claim that?

Your story may not be our story.

---

For instance, in my paternal family, we have a long tradition of atheism and anarchism, which is several centuries old. Somehow, you could say that according to my own social context, being an atheist is the conformist/conservative choice.

---

On the other hand, I don't think the main goal of religious people is to offense atheists. That would be a very narcissistic thought, wouldn't it?

Do you see what I mean?

Now reverse the sentence back again.
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 05-24-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI