User Tag List

12 Last

Default What value do you navigate by?

What value do you navigate by?

It appears to me that we sapiens need a “North Star” upon which to fix our voyage. We need a reference point upon which we can focus our attention when trying to determine what of value we can and should do in life.

Religion, or God, serves as the compass for some people; for others it is nationalism; for others the guiding value is to own as much good stuff as possible; to others it is power; for some it is family; and I guess there are many other such ultimate values.

I have tried to examine my inner voices to determine just what my primary value is and does it need to be changed. I have determined that, by some turn of events, perhaps completely willy-nilly, my value North Star is life on this planet. My guidance for fixing value is ultimately dependent upon its aiding or hindering life on this planet.

I often speculate that human life is a hindrance to maximizing the ‘good life’, of all life, on this planet. I often speculate that if all life on this planet were given a vote in this matter that they would throw sapiens overboard.

What do you think?

coberstakaDutchuncle

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I navigate by the core values that were taught to me by example, by my parents, and by those that I have assumed on my own as I have matured and lived my own life. Do the right things for the right reasons. Don't let people disrespect you, stand up for yourself and demandfair treatment. Stand up for others that do not have the ability to do so for themselves. Do good in your everyday life, smell the roses along the way, work hard, play hard. Live, love, and forgive. Kill only when necessary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I live for knowledge and love.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Banned

My "North Star" is integrity. I don't think this is the "North Star", but it certainly is mine. Remaining true to oneself is a constant learning process. Environments (internal as well as external) change, and with those changes new realizations/ideas/goals emerge. Trying to accommodate these things without losing one's identity is a lifelong process, and what I believe is entailed in maintaining one's integrity. Everything else...truth, justice, love, belonging, belief...falls out of this one primary guiding force. Integrity isn't about establishing a set of rules that one needs to by. It's about knowing who we are and building a framework around that core which can be modified to accommodate change.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I have no North Star. I navigate the waters based on where the winds take me. I'm lost, but I have enough supplies with me to afford that luxury.

Banned

^ what happens when you run out?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    ^ what happens when you run out?
    Then I figure out I can breathe underwater and live under the sea.

Banned

Good plan!

(I suppose that was a very "J" question)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I exist to grow. Experience, soak in everything I possibly can from this impermanent state. I never stop reaching, inward, outward. Learning. My life is driven by passions and curiosity, and have a synergistic effect on one another. Inspiration. Illumination. It's all connected. I seek to find the paths between the dots. Space exploration. Questioning. Searching.
    I am building and rebuilding constantly, reassessing my values based on my perpetually widening scope of the world around and within me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Enneagram
    9w8

Mine seems to be a mixture of self-actualization and a need to experience all the amazing things I possibly can, whilst realizing the bad will come along with it. To learn, and bring light to others as I can. On a related note, I refuse to do things partly, and have a drive to do whatever I can with the things and people I am involved with. Passivity is not welcome in my life.