enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Love, other people.

I'm fairly agnostic religiously.

This is a great thread!!

My values have been evolving more and more lately. So these are all subject to change/refinement.

1. Treat others as you wish to be treated. This really encompasses everything in life.

2. Responsibility and accountability. Not taking responsibility for others, and fully taking responsibility for yourself. Avoiding the blame game and victimhood. Trying to abandon the mindset of "That person makes me so mad!" And realizing that no, YOU are making yourself mad.

3. Acceptance and forgiveness. People will do very hurtful things. If I am not willing to forgive them, then all I am really truly doing is hurting myself. I have just recently begun to understand that forgiveness does NOT mean you condone someones actions. All it means is that you have come to terms with what has happened, and you are letting it go. The more I have been putting this into practice, the better I feel!!

MBTI
    INxJ

Equality
    Justice
    Empirical evidence
    Science

As objective of the truth as possible for my perception.

Not sure if they qualify as values, but they sure are principles I always do my best to navigate by:

-Respect others and request that others respect me.
    -Responsibility for all of my actions and for every single word I say, even if I later change my mind about what I said or regret what I did. I've done/said it and it can't be undone/unsaid.
    -Being always as much open-minded as I can get and try to understand the reasons behind the actions of myself and of others.
    -Never harm others intentionally, except if in self-defence and try to make up for harm unintentionally caused.
    -Stay alive, survive, be as much healthy, independent and free-minded as possible.

Beauty and morality are species of values.

George Santayana says that “all values must be ultimately intrinsic”. He adds that the good, i.e. that which is desired, is good because of its consequences.

Aesthetics is about the perception of values. Aesthetic judgments “are mainly positive, that is, perceptions of good, moral judgments are mainly and fundamentally negative, or perceptions of evil…in the perception of beauty, our judgment is necessarily intrinsic and based on the character of the immediate experience, and never consciously on the idea of an eventual utility in the object, judgments about moral worth, on the contrary, are always based, when they are positive, upon the consciousness of benefits probably involved.”

“Morality is a means and not an end; that it is the price of human non-adaptation, and the consequence of the original sin of unfitness. It is the compression of human conduct within the narrow limits of the safe and possible. Remove danger, remove pain, remove the occasion of pity, and the need of morality is gone. To say “thou shalt not” would then be impertinence.”

If we think about it we can see herein why our moral consciousness recedes as our luxuries increase, and we can see why caring for another is more the characteristic of those who have little and is of lesser value to those who have much.

Quotes from [i]The Sense of Beauty: Being The Outlines of Aesthetic Theory[i] by George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ArtlessFuture View Post
    This is a great thread!!

My values have been evolving more and more lately. So these are all subject to change/refinement.

1. Treat others as you wish to be treated. This really encompasses everything in life.

2. Responsibility and accountability. Not taking responsibility for others, and fully taking responsibility for yourself. Avoiding the blame game and victimhood. Trying to abandon the mindset of "That person makes me so mad!" And realizing that no, YOU are making yourself mad.

3. Acceptance and forgiveness. People will do very hurtful things. If I am not willing to forgive them, then all I am really truly doing is hurting myself. I have just recently begun to understand that forgiveness does NOT mean you condone someones actions. All it means is that you have come to terms with what has happened, and you are letting it go. The more I have been putting this into practice, the better I feel!!
    Well, no one could ever accuse you of being artless.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Independence
    Honesty
    Fun

Child of the early 90'ies
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas