User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'm fine with people saying that it could be possible that a sentient being created the universe. I mean, an advanced enough society should be able to pull those kind of things upoff. Especially if limiting themselves to seeding life on planets, guiding evolution.

I just say that there's absolutely nothing to back that up in our human experience\theories that fit experience.
    And that as an hypothetical inference on the origins of the universe and past times we have no or not alot of information about, it (god or creators or whatever) seems like an unlikely and unnecessary theory. Since it seems like organic life has spawned by itself on earth (wether or not with the help of meteor impacts and so on).

And even if i said that life was intelligently designed on earth that would still mean the intelligent life designer had to come to life him\her\itself\themselves. So the idea that life can evolve in our universe without external help is just not something one could deny without being called stupid for good reasons.

Explaining a statistically rare event with an even less plausible theory that doesn't even seem to fit any observation\theory and stating them as absolute facts is neither wise nor helpful for humanity as a dynamic system with an apparently and logicaly evolutionary built in nietzschean 'Will to Power'.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'm fine with people saying that it could be possible that a sentient being created the universe. I mean, an advanced enough society should be able to pull those kind of things up. Especially if limiting themselves to seeding life on planets, guiding evolution.
    Yes, it's possible.

I just say that there's absolutely nothing to back that up in our human experience\theories that fit experience.
    Well, there are human experiences such as creative acts and parenthood that people perceive as patterns, that they then project upon a potential god-figure who -- if it is like us -- could behave similarly or have similar experiences.

See what I'm saying? No, there is no hard science to back things up, but people are definitely projecting their own soft experiences and assuming they must be indicative of or reflect a higher being/ideal. So there's a connection there, just more an inductive one and thus still assumptive.

And even if i said that life was intelligently designed on earth well, i'd have to say that that intelligent life designer had to come to life itself. So the idea that life can evolve in our universe without external help is just not something one could say deny.
    It depends on the life being described. Maybe "god" would be of a life essence that doesn't follow our natural process.

But at that point we have no way to articulate, describe, or understand it. It either is accepted or rejected, by personal inclination.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, there are human experiences such as creative acts and parenthood that people perceive as patterns, that they then project upon a potential god-figure who -- if it is like us -- could behave similarly or have similar experiences.

See what I'm saying? No, there is no hard science to back things up, but people are definitely projecting their own soft experiences and assuming they must be indicative of or reflect a higher being/ideal. So there's a connection there, just more an inductive one and thus still assumptive.
    That's part of what i was talking about when i made references to memes.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's part of what i was talking about when i made references to memes.
    Yes, I think along the lines of Dawkins or Dennett in regards to a lot of religious ideas self-propagating as memes; and they're hard to uproot, the ones that have currently been around for decades or centuries exist because they have been honed by selection and are adapted to their environment(s).

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I like it when intp illustrate what i'm too lazy to say

lub ya.

(i kind of started to think of applying memes directly to marketing at some level, should be a fun ride)

... In theory.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like it when intp illustrate what i'm too lazy to say.
    lub ya.
    Dammit. Why am I always cleaning up after ENTPs? Sigh.

(i kind of started to think of applying memes directly to marketing at some level, should be a fun ride)
    I'm still wondering why Pet Rocks worked.

It was just a lousy piece of coal.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Because if it has eyes it has a soul\mind.
    It's the logical oxymoron between something that is the definition of motion(less) and live-less and a key element in your empathy trigger.
    Keeps us processing, and so, obsessing.

Eyes are what allow us to see feelings and the point of focus of a person or animal in her\his\It's environnement. And here you have eyes that move (so a mind) without a mind (so no mind).

As that dude with pointy ears 'd say "FAscinating"
    But the doctor's way cooler, so i'll say 'brilliant!\fantastic'

And i had no idea those stuffs existed, it's so much better than mr potatoe. Potatoes are actually alive (if challenged)

... In theory.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's the googly eyes that always melted my heart.
    (meh)

So if we market a Rubik's Magic Mood-Ring 8-Ball with eyes, we should be onto something!

(note: More seriously, yeah, the "eyes" thing is one standard cultural assumption and how people project their own emotions on animals so easily.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's the googly eyes that always melted my heart.
    (meh)

So if we market a Rubik's Magic Mood-Ring 8-Ball with eyes, we should be onto something!

(note: More seriously, yeah, the "eyes" thing is one standard cultural assumption and how people project their own emotions on animals so easily.)
    That's why i believe the perfect movie bad guy should have no eyes. or at least eyes u can't 'look into' (black or super reflective)

... In theory.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

That's why i believe the perfect movie bad guy should have no eyes. or at least eyes u can't 'look into' (black or super reflective)
    You mean, "Alien"?

"A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI