User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Victor, trust and interpersonal relations are a whole different game of believing to me.

I can fully trust someone, because I can see the merit in trust, wether it pays off or not. And I can know that either way, wether my trust was worth it or not. The end result is something I could deal with in any situation.

However, believing a faith, a religion. A -lifestyle-. That is something I can't and will never do.

I am an atheist, but I am not incapable of believing/trusting another person.

Atheism is not about rejecting all beliefs. Atheism is about questioning all beliefs and not following any with blind faith. I can't be sure there's absolutely no form of higher power, diety or God present. But that doesn't mean I have to believe in it.

I do however find big bang theory the most plausible theory I've thusfar learned off. I would still not follow that theory. Rather, I would try to put it to the test in any way possible. If such a test was possible. In the end, I don't follow anything any religion, I keep an open mind and align myself closest to the most rational theory I can find, without selling myself to it completely.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    (Those who do are stupid and not worth listening to.)
    Do you feel the same way about believers? They do hold a singular truth above all other truths in the exact same way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Anyone who claims absolute knowledge of anything besides the existence of his own thoughts is mistaken.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I know this is tangent from the OP, but, to atheists, I'm sure you've been asked this quite a few times:

What do you answer to? And, if you say, 'myself', how do you find merit (what do you judge/use as measure) in 'myself'?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Anyone who claims absolute knowledge of anything besides the existence of his own thoughts is mistaken.
    Heh, that reminds me of what I answer when people ask if I am agnostic or atheist...

"I am an agnostic if you call yourself a doubting $religious_affiliation... and atheist is you call yourself $religion"

Normally is confusing enough for me to escape, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    What do you answer to?
    Presumes a need to "answer to" anything. My only answer is "reality, the same as any other human".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I do not answer to anyone but my own principles, morals and values. And these I've picked up along the years from being taught as well as experiencing, based on a 'as-rational-as-humanly-possible' bases. Life lessons from experiences, religions, heck even your average day song might give some more insight on the value of life. Differs from person to person. But at all times, I will try to make sure my way of life matches my view of life as closely as possible.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Presumes a need to "answer to" anything. My only answer is "reality, the same as any other human".
    Yup, it does presume, as it's from the theistic side. What if reality is turmoil, chaos, how do you figure out which side to 'fight' for? Against? How does the 'right path' come to you?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I know this is tangent from the OP, but, to atheists, I'm sure you've been asked this quite a few times:

What do you answer to? And, if you say, 'myself', how do you find merit (what do you judge/use as measure) in 'myself'?
    A refer to a sense of justice that's probably influenced by a combination of social psychology and my own personality.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Which side to fight for? Oh, I thought you simply meant how you give meaning and purpose to your life. What is right and wrong, good and evil, standard and non standard, etc.

I'm not on a fighting side.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Which side to fight for? Oh, I thought you simply meant how you give meaning and purpose to your life. What is right and wrong, good and evil, standard and non standard, etc.

I'm not on a fighting side.
    It was a pick-up from ptgatsby's line of thought....

...reality is a state. How do you determine the []* action (course, direction, 'side') rising out a state?

*we can sub in [right, wrong, etc]