• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghosts and spirits

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your feeling on this topic? How would you describe a ghost or spirit? Do you believe in them? Have you seen one? If so, what is their purpose of being on earth? (And whatever other thing you'd like to say about them.)

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I only know one person who's claimed to have encountered one. Said it reached out and grabbed her. And since she's one of the saner people I know I believe her, although I don't believe in ghosts?! :blink: *shrugs*

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol I almost thought I saw my username in the title ;)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'd love to believe in them. Unfortunately, it's one of those things where you hear endless stories about them from other people, but never get to witness it for yourself. At least in my case.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Old buildings are full of them....it's more like psychic imprints...impressions. Old hospitals are the worst though. I've never actually seen one, and would really like to say I don't believe, but I know better than that. Shame I can't prove it.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you just believe it, without experiencing it?
I've felt the vibes...I just haven't seen it.
It's hard to explain, without sounding like a nut job.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling the same about it as Beat does.

Don't believe in this, think there's plenty of people who'd stage a ghost story or misinterprets an explainable event for ghosts/spirits. Would not ever believe in this, and even if I encounter something irl, I'd have doubts, no doubt about that!

Slightly funny story though, many years ago my dad had a friend over who brought a psychic person with him. I was 10 at the time, anyhow, we always go searching from antlers (deer drop them each year and there's plenty of deer in the forests where I live) and my dad gave him one antler of a deer he wanted to find the other antler from as well and asked the psychic, for fun, if he could see where the other antler was. The psychic took the antler and started explaining what he was seeing. Big fire, oak trees, and specifically an oak tree with a triangle shaped marking on it. A week later, my dad found the antler at the based of an oak tree that had a triangle shaped marking on it in an area of the forest that had been burnt down ten years before that. My dad knew that since he was a fireman as a hobby, and was at that forest fire those years ago... Now, how can you explain that a psychic can see where the other antler is in great detail, describing aspects that have all been pretty specific to that area. And the other antler was unmistakenly the other antler of the same deer.

Personally, I think my dad's friend had already found the antler and staged the whole thing. :p

But moral of the story is, luckily some things are unexplainable, or not yet explainable. Gives us INTP's stuff to do.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Ghosts and spirits are one of those things that bunches of people have claimed to experience yet no one has ever proven. Why would such things always be vague and hidden and personal and mysterious? Why don't ghosts ever wash over the superbowl or take over a float parade for all to see?

And the only rational conclusion I can come to is that they don't exist, and the people with the stories are lying, exagerate circumstantial coincidence, will positive/negative emotions onto themselves, or are just plain loopy. :shock:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, I believe in ghosts and spirits. I've never actually encountered it, but just because you don't see something for yourself doesn't make it unreal!!!

There has to be more to life (using the term loosely) than just being born living, and then perishing. Spirits get left behind on earth all the time, and there have been numerous reports of this happening, along with video footage. If you don't get left behind, there must be some place you go to, and of course there are numerous religious beliefs, but I'm trying to think outside religion to where you would go after you die. This is one of the big mysteries to me in life - is where you go after life.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Ghosts. Y'see. What's the point. They come back to haunt us. Where's the payoff?

I suggest to them (on the few occassions that I've bumped into them (or they've bumped into me)) that they're wasting their time.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I've never seen any but that doesnt mean it isnt possible! Those ghost investigation shows get me hiding under the comforter every time!

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
What is your feeling on this topic? How would you describe a ghost or spirit? Do you believe in them? Have you seen one? If so, what is their purpose of being on earth? (And whatever other thing you'd like to say about them.)

There is no such thing as ghosts. There are angels (good) and demons/unclean spirits/etc. (bad angels that were tossed out of heaven). Yahweh God said that there is a gulf affixed between the living and the dead that NONE can cross, so there is NO COMING BACK to have a conversation with anyone...

LIFE
LAST BREATH/DEATH
ETERNITY (Heaven or hell)

We choose where we end up for eternity.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
There is no such thing as ghosts. There are angels (good) and demons/unclean spirits/etc. (bad angels that were tossed out of heaven). Yahweh God said that there is a gulf affixed between the living and the dead that NONE can cross, so there is NO COMING BACK to have a conversation with anyone...

LIFE
LAST BREATH/DEATH
ETERNITY (Heaven or hell)

We choose where we end up for eternity.

Eternity is a long time for something no one has come back to tell us about.