• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghosts and spirits

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I really want to say I disagree with you, because I actually do...but can't offer evidence that animals do have spirits.
And ghost don't really roam around, Kyrielle described it well, right down to the fact it's all in my head (LOL!). You know that gut instinct you get when you know something terrible happened in a place? Or that, good things happened? You must get that feeling when out on the field? It's sort of like that.

Then you will just have to disagree with me.

Sorry but I don't know the feeling. If there is no evidence that something has actually happend I will just continue to do my thing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
On the same track as the psychic story that was mentioned, I have a very rational, practical atheist friend whose sister claims to have psychic powers. Their grandfather passed away, and the "psychic" sister told the atheist sister that the grandfather's spirit visited her and told her to look in the atheist's attic, describing specific personal items in hidden places. The attic was padlocked and the "psychic" had never been in there, but when the atheist checked upstairs, the items were there, just as described. My atheist friend was a little freaked out and still does not know what to make of it. Strange.

You say that you don't know what to make out of this?
Maybe I have a wrong picture but isn't it likely that the grandfather said something to "psychic" sister before he died?

On the other hand how the atheist sister can know for sure that she wasn't there before?
It is logica to be freaked out if you know/suspect that someone was digging around your attic

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
You say that you don't know what to make out of this?
Maybe I have a wrong picture but isn't it likely that the grandfather said something to "psychic" sister before he died?

On the other hand how the atheist sister can know for sure that she wasn't there before?
It is logica to be freaked out if you know/suspect that someone was digging around your attic

My friend moved to a new house a few hours away from her sister, and I'm pretty sure that my friend and/or her husband were the ones who put the grandfather's items in the attic when they moved. If I remember correctly, the "directions" about where to find things were very specific.

My friend told me that there wasn't any way her sister could have been in the attic. I suppose there is no way to know for certain that the "psychic" sister wasn't in the attic at some point, but it's highly unlikely. It also seems strange that someone would go to elaborate lengths to perpetuate a hoax, but I realize this type of thing does happen.

My friend wasn't freaked out because she thought her sister had been poking around in the attic. She just didn't know what to make of it because she thought the whole "psychic" thing was a ridiculous figment of the imagination, and this situation caught her by surprise.

Perhaps the husband formerly told the "psychic" sister about some of the items in the attic. I find it unlikely that he would have gone into great detail about where the items were located, but it's always a possibility.

I should ask my friend again and make sure I have my facts straight.