User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 44

  1. #21
    Senior Member ThinkingAboutIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Where is this creator and eternity. I need some words with him/her.
    The Creator is in heaven, eternity is yet to come, but it is guaranteed for all one way or another.

    Just speak. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

  2. #22
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    ^Right, the Bible says that, but just like Ghosts, I've never seen or felt him/them. Your theory is just as plausible as the Ghost theory. Does it make yours wrong? Does it make ghosts unreal? Nah, but you can't really state your view as fact or expect others to believe what you do. Just sayin'.

  3. #23
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    What about the holy ghost?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    Senior Member ThinkingAboutIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^Right, the Bible says that, but just like Ghosts, I've never seen or felt him/them. Your theory is just as plausible as the Ghost theory. Does it make yours wrong? Does it make ghosts unreal? Nah, but you can't really state your view as fact or expect others to believe what you do. Just sayin'.
    The bible does say it. But an aspect missing in that statement is that God Himself, via the Holy Spirit wrote that bible. It is His word, and His word is truth.

    "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 2 Tim 3:16

    "Inspiration" in Greek means: theopneustos

    "inspired by God" (Theos, "God," pneo, "to breathe"), is used in 2Ti 3:16, of the Scriptures as distinct from non-inspired writings.

    Wycliffe, Tyndale, Coverdale and the Great Bible have the rendering "inspired of God."
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    I've points I'd like to add but I think the original topic has been derailed.

  6. #26
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Thinkingaboutit,
    Seeing as you believe in a God and religion in which a ghost/spirit is an integral part, it seems some what contradictory, that you claim there are no ghosts.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I've points I'd like to add but I think the original topic has been derailed.
    No, please do.

  8. #28
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I've been through stuff.
    And I play the "I got nuts and whacked my head apart until there wasn't anything to whack anymore"-card.
    Aka. I was frightened by myself, of myself and therefore experienced things out of the ordinary and had a "trip" that was released from my brain due to too much stress and panic/terror. And therefore, it was all in my head.

    I don't do belief. I just don't know.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  9. #29
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Ok then.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    The bible does say it. But an aspect missing in that statement is that God Himself, via the Holy Spirit wrote that bible. It is His word, and His word is truth.
    The bible was written by men, compiled from many sources over various times in an age when most people were illiterate, translated from older languages, its content selectively interpreted or ignored by various sects, with protocol that often directly conflicts with modern facts and clashes with modern culture (stoning? women's rights?). A claim that the bible is true because the bible is true is nonsensical. Absolute truth would not need a lens of perception, would not conflict with what we can prove, and would not be subject to shifting ethics.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    What is your feeling on this topic? How would you describe a ghost or spirit? Do you believe in them? Have you seen one? If so, what is their purpose of being on earth? (And whatever other thing you'd like to say about them.)
    I don't believe in them exactly. But I do believe there's weird shit that people leave behind in places. I think places have memories of what lived in them, and maybe, just maybe, sometimes something happens to "reality" and other people can see that memory? I don't know.

    Sometimes I think of time as a tight spiral that bumps into itself on occassion and that bumping into itself results in weird things happening to people.

    Or maybe it's one reality rubbing against another.

    Or maybe it's not real at all.

    The problem with ghosts and things, that I have, is that you can't exactly prove their existence objectively. I mean you can suggest their existence with odd things that happen to different kinds of equipment, but there's no proof that clearly says "This is a ghost. There it is. If you turn it around, you'll notice you can see the room through it." Most of the time, the odd happenings to equipment (even voices) only tell people that "Something weird is happening here."

    That said, I've seen some odd things that couldn't be explained scientifically. The mere fact that they cannot be explained makes me reluctant to jump to conclusions and makes me wonder if I imagined it.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas and Ghost Stories
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 12:35 AM
  2. Ghost hunting and paranormal investigations
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. Ghost Stories (and Other Tales of the Uncanny)
    By Oberon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 01:08 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO