Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    why do you need to find meaning?
    I don't need to, I simply want to.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    fool

I was talking with someone and something interesting she said: "Cause if there was no reason, there'd be no point in living. I could still be out there drinking and doing drugs and partying the hell out of life." It was interesting in a way because for her that meaning, reason meant Christianity. But isn't it true for everybody, There really isn't a point until there is a point. We need to justificate somehow, cause really without it we'd be as good as not being. For someone else it was humour, "life=nothing and if you can't find the humour it's meaningless".

We can find meaning and perceive in many different forms. We can give the power to other people, circumstances, situations, whatever basically

Purpose? Give the power to ourselves and remove it from any external. Create the purpose.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I don't need to, I simply want to.
    The question stands
    Why do you want to? How does it make you feel when you find meaning or get a step closer to it?

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that ALL human action is in the pursuit of what feels like the greatest possible happiness.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    The question stands
    Why do you want to? How does it make you feel when you find meaning or get a step closer to it?

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that ALL human action is in the pursuit of what feels like the greatest possible happiness.
    Meaning gives me a calm satisfaction as opposed to the glorious pleasure that so many other things could bring me.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    I was talking with someone and something interesting she said: "Cause if there was no reason, there'd be no point in living. I could still be out there drinking and doing drugs and partying the hell out of life." It was interesting in a way because for her that meaning, reason meant Christianity. But isn't it true for everybody, There really isn't a point until there is a point. We need to justificate somehow, cause really without it we'd be as good as not being. For someone else it was humour, "life=nothing and if you can't find the humour it's meaningless".

We can find meaning and perceive in many different forms. We can give the power to other people, circumstances, situations, whatever basically

Purpose? Give the power to ourselves and remove it from any external. Create the purpose.
    I completely agree.
    The goal is happiness, happiness derives from the subjective, subjectivity can be different for all and can even change by definition.

edit: happiness can also come from objective things built into us by nature. Like feeling satisfied from eating, love from connecting with people physically or mentally, or self accomplishment. These are often the root sources of our happiness as people can take different paths to reach these goals.

edit2: I just find it really funny. At the root it comes down to animalistic basic needs.
    Our purpose can be chosen, but it's root is happiness, and the source of our happiness are survivalistic and reproductional needs
    food - survival
    self improvement - survival
    social connection - survival/reproduction

We're no different than any other social animal.
    The only difference I see is that self improvement can be fulfilled by improved intelligence.

edit3(I promise I'm done now): I had to add in security (or reduction of fear) as another basic source of happiness - also a survival instinct

Meaning gives me a calm satisfaction as opposed to the glorious pleasure that so many other things could bring me.
    Why do you choose calm satisfaction over glorious pleasure?
    It's just one form of happiness over another
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    INFJ

So you're saying that, if it were possible, you would hook yourself up to a dopamine tank and lay drooling into space for the rest of you life. That's an ideal consistent with any morality that considers happiness as the greatest good.
    Isn't that like heaven?
    Happiness forever in the sky?(What 95% of pop. are looking for)
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP