• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'll be the judge of that.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
One evening, some 8 years or so ago, i went to visit grandma. She said "If it's late, I'll leave the basement door unlocked.". When i arrived the basement door was jammed a little by a loose piece of the concrete floor. The concrete floor grandpa built himself some 50 years ago. I immediately/instantaneously/spontaneously concluded that grandpa (who has since past) was, in a way, keeping me out. But he was keeping me out in a humorous kind of way. He obviously wasn't there, but yet he was in spirit. Not the spirit as in the kind that people fear, but the kind that makes all other possible deductions end up with the same conclusion of my first thought or instinct. Remember, my first instinct/feeling was ?Grandpa's gotta be funnin around with me here somehow?.

So go for it. You be the judge of that.

Coincidence?
confident superstition?
Just plain physics?
instinctive supernatural communication?
Blasphemy?
Nostalgia?

I also still have that loose piece of concrete. Look at it everyday. I don't look in doubt, i look at it with gratitude.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Creepiness. If such a word exists.

Some things could be consistant internally regardless of type. It's not so creepy to me. Past close relatives drop in like that from time to time. But since they usually pull a prank or guide me through the way i remember them, it's not so creepy. Remember, Grandpa is not there in any other way but spirit. And he had a darn good one at that. If it were a creepy ghost type thing, i'd probably camoflage those feelings/inhabitions with drugs or alcohol. Seems to work for others. Can't some people connect with people that have past? I choose to allow some sort of connection, at least in humor. But yet once the dust has settled, At least you were the judge of that. I do appreciate your input.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People die but they don't necessarily go away.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
People die but they don't necessarily go away.

I'm in 100% agreement. With that specific statement. My belief comes with the title of (instinctive supernatural communication) during real situational occurrences. Real to me in the way that i can't control my acceptance of this first instinct/feeling/reality. Nor do i want to control it. (in an INTP sort of way) i deem this so called assumption to be logical and fitting to any personal value system. Please note, it's my first logical conclusion that the concrete piece loosened itself right at that very time in wait for my specific self to encounter it. While also aware that i can't communicate back. But perhaps i do. In the way of my actions that are guided by my belief of this guidance. But that could be how the phrase (down to earth) came about.

In a Native American language there is a phonetic utterance that explaines this stuff with less than 4 (of what we call) syllables.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Some things could be consistant internally regardless of type. It's not so creepy to me. Past close relatives drop in like that from time to time. But since they usually pull a prank or guide me through the way i remember them, it's not so creepy. Remember, Grandpa is not there in any other way but spirit. And he had a darn good one at that. If it were a creepy ghost type thing, i'd probably camoflage those feelings/inhabitions with drugs or alcohol. Seems to work for others. Can't some people connect with people that have past? I choose to allow some sort of connection, at least in humor. But yet once the dust has settled, At least you were the judge of that. I do appreciate your input.

To be honest, I would be creeped out even if it were a friendly spirit. Yes, I would be curious to see such a force and I don't question their existence, it's just that I find them creepy.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
To be honest, I would be creeped out even if it were a friendly spirit. Yes, I would be curious to see such a force and I don't question their existence, it's just that I find them creepy.

I think the difference between you and me is you don't instantaniously deduct subtle or even not so subtle happenings in the physical world to be a sign per say. And i don't instantaniously deduct every happening to have a physical reason behind it's meaning.

Perhaps the poster above me is correct. Or perhaps you accept it for what it is out of fear? Or perhaps i instantaniously deem it spiritual somehow out of fear? Fear of not paying proper respects well after the funeral. With a sense of urgency at specific moments of possible physical connections that possess properties of spiritual connection.