Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Default I'll be the judge of that.

One evening, some 8 years or so ago, i went to visit grandma. She said "If it's late, I'll leave the basement door unlocked.". When i arrived the basement door was jammed a little by a loose piece of the concrete floor. The concrete floor grandpa built himself some 50 years ago. I immediately/instantaneously/spontaneously concluded that grandpa (who has since past) was, in a way, keeping me out. But he was keeping me out in a humorous kind of way. He obviously wasn't there, but yet he was in spirit. Not the spirit as in the kind that people fear, but the kind that makes all other possible deductions end up with the same conclusion of my first thought or instinct. Remember, my first instinct/feeling was ?Grandpa's gotta be funnin around with me here somehow?.

So go for it. You be the judge of that.

Coincidence?
    confident superstition?
    Just plain physics?
    instinctive supernatural communication?
    Blasphemy?
    Nostalgia?

I also still have that loose piece of concrete. Look at it everyday. I don't look in doubt, i look at it with gratitude.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

INTJ, Please step aside and let the others have some space.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Coincidence?
    confident superstition?
    Just plain physics?
    Those. But hey, if it conjures up a positive emotion upon reflection, go for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Those. But hey, if it conjures up a positive emotion upon reflection, go for it.
    I'll be the judge of that.

MBTI
    ESTP

Creepiness. If such a word exists.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    Creepiness. If such a word exists.
    Some things could be consistant internally regardless of type. It's not so creepy to me. Past close relatives drop in like that from time to time. But since they usually pull a prank or guide me through the way i remember them, it's not so creepy. Remember, Grandpa is not there in any other way but spirit. And he had a darn good one at that. If it were a creepy ghost type thing, i'd probably camoflage those feelings/inhabitions with drugs or alcohol. Seems to work for others. Can't some people connect with people that have past? I choose to allow some sort of connection, at least in humor. But yet once the dust has settled, At least you were the judge of that. I do appreciate your input.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

People die but they don't necessarily go away.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    People die but they don't necessarily go away.
    I'm in 100% agreement. With that specific statement. My belief comes with the title of (instinctive supernatural communication) during real situational occurrences. Real to me in the way that i can't control my acceptance of this first instinct/feeling/reality. Nor do i want to control it. (in an INTP sort of way) i deem this so called assumption to be logical and fitting to any personal value system. Please note, it's my first logical conclusion that the concrete piece loosened itself right at that very time in wait for my specific self to encounter it. While also aware that i can't communicate back. But perhaps i do. In the way of my actions that are guided by my belief of this guidance. But that could be how the phrase (down to earth) came about.

In a Native American language there is a phonetic utterance that explaines this stuff with less than 4 (of what we call) syllables.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Some things could be consistant internally regardless of type. It's not so creepy to me. Past close relatives drop in like that from time to time. But since they usually pull a prank or guide me through the way i remember them, it's not so creepy. Remember, Grandpa is not there in any other way but spirit. And he had a darn good one at that. If it were a creepy ghost type thing, i'd probably camoflage those feelings/inhabitions with drugs or alcohol. Seems to work for others. Can't some people connect with people that have past? I choose to allow some sort of connection, at least in humor. But yet once the dust has settled, At least you were the judge of that. I do appreciate your input.
    To be honest, I would be creeped out even if it were a friendly spirit. Yes, I would be curious to see such a force and I don't question their existence, it's just that I find them creepy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

confident superstition.