• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Corporate America a Cabal?

coberst

Webster says ‘Cabal—artifices and intrigues of a group of persons secretly united to bring about an overturn or usurpation in public affairs—plot’.

Quickie from wiki:
“The banking cabal refers to a conspiracy theory regarding collusion between bankers, financiers, and other associated individuals of extreme wealth to manipulate the strings of commerce, politics, and media in order to serve their common interests. The primary source of their money and power is described as the use of fractional reserve banking and fiat money to surreptitiously steal wealth from the rest of society via inflation of the money supply and by levying interest on sovereign debt.”

I claim that many of the leaders of CA (Corporate America) have been involved as a cabal in America for at least two decades. This cabal has been and is presently plotting and accomplishing to create a public policy in America that best suites their self-interest. The present financial melt down has resulted from this plot and has resulted principally as a result of that segment of this cabal that control the American and worldwide financial aspects of the world economy.

When I set out to understand some particular matter I start with some model of what I think is the answer I am after. From this point I modify my papier-mâché like intellectual model until I reach some kind of understanding for the question I posed to myself in the beginning.

The question I started with many years ago was ‘How does my world operate’? My metaphor is bullfight. I would call this my world view but more appropriately it is my nation view because I only know my nation, the United States.

The Matador waving a red cape to manipulate a giant muscular bull is my understanding of how my world functions. The bull is the people; the Matador is the oligarchy that controls the people through various ideologies.

I recently watched the DVD copy of the movie “The Insider”. This depicts the story of Jeffrey Wiegand, former executive of Brown & Williamson Tobacco, who decided to make known to the world the facts of Big Tobacco.

The movie clearly demonstrates the power of the big corporations and the pain they can inflict on any person who attempts to reveal their secrets. Comparing the DVD movie to the TV show the “Sopranos” I decided that there is little difference between the two modes of operation except for the fact that the actions of the Sopranos are often illegal whereas the actions of the corporations are most often legal.

I think that both shows are valuable viewing for the public because both shows peel back the surface layer of reality to expose the layer that is not obvious to the common sense realism we perceive life to be.

In the last few days we have seen, read, and heard various members of the business media explaining how they personally and their particular operation are not responsible for the “sneak” attack by AIG upon or way of life. They use such excuses as not having subpoena power with which to ferret out secret information.

For decades the business media has been acting as cheerleaders for Corporate America instead of being the watchdogs that bark thus alerting the residents whenever something suspicious approaches our house.

It should have been evident to any Critical Thinking individual who is responsible enough to keep up with current events that the leaders of Corporate America had acquired great power with little accountability. The great power is discernable when we recognize that there were obviously few if any checks upon their behavior when we see that they were able to constantly increase their income to levels that are obscene by any reasonable measure.

The corporate CEOs were free to take what they will in monetary reward. They thereby made it plain to even the casual observer that they could do pretty much whatever suited their personal interests. If we place a normal individual into a position of great power uninhibited by oversight is it any wonder that these individuals will continue to push the envelope of self-interest?

CA (Corporate America) has developed a well-honed expertise in motivating the population to behave in a desired manner. Citizens as consumers are ample manifestation of that expertise. CA has accomplished this ability by careful study and implementation of the knowledge of the ways of human behavior. I suspect this same structure applies to most Western democracies.

A democratic form of government is one wherein the citizens have some voice in some policy decisions. The greater the voice of the citizens the better the democracy.

In America we have policy makers, decision makers, and citizens. The decision makers are our elected representatives and are, thus, under some control by the voting citizen. The policy makers are the leaders of CA; less than ten thousand individuals, according to those who study such matters. Policy makers exercise significant control of decision makers by controlling the financing of elections.

Policy makers customize and maintain the dominant ideology in order to control the political behavior of the citizens. This dominant ideology exercises the political control of the citizens in the same fashion as the consuming citizen is controlled by the same dominant ideology.

An enlightened citizen is the only means to gain more voice in more policy decisions. An enlightened citizen is much more than an informed citizen. Critical thinking is the only practical means to develop a more enlightened citizen. If, however, we wait until our CT trained grade-schoolers become adults I suspect all will be lost. This is why I think a massive effort must be made to convince today’s adults that they must train themselves in CT.

“Thomas R. Dye, Professor of Political Science at Florida State University, has published a series of books examining who and what institutions actually control and run America. to understand who is making the decisions that affect our lives, we also have to understand how societies structure themselves in general. Why the few always tend to share more power than the many and what this means in terms of both a society's evolution and our daily lives. they examined the other 11 institutions that exert just as powerful a shaping influence, although somewhat more subtle: The Industrial, Corporations, Utilities and Communications, Banking, Insurance Investment, Mass Media, Law, Education Foundation, Civic and Cultural Organizations, Government, and the Military.”
Newsletter Info

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
kabal%202.bmp

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Most likely, yes. Though we don't know it, I think that Corporate America and Governmental America will soon form into one, if it hasn't already happened yet. There out for one thing, to keep feeding Corporate America with the income it needs, it's all money, all business. This stimulus package, though we think a help to us, is obviously directed at Corporate America and it's not for our sake. The government could care less about us..we're a disease to them. Why not cheat the system?

Mole

Permabanned

We have been part of three empires - the British empire, the Japanese empire and the American empire.

We loved the British empire. We hated the Japanese empire. And we are confused by the American empire.

And no wonder we are confused as the Americans themselves deny they are an empire.

And there is some truth in this because all empires are different.

You are not a military empire like the Romans. And you are not a territorial empire like the British. But you are in fact an economic empire.

Sure, you have the world's greatest military and you hold vast territories but your essential character is economic.

Why, it was only your last President that told us that, "The business of America is business".

And indeed you are governed not by two distinct political parties such as the Conservatives and the Social Democrats, but by two parties of business.

So in spite of appearances, you are a one party state.

And indeed you are an empire and a one party state.

But for historical and political reasons, you deny this.

And so you leave your allies confused.

You also leave us confused because you want two conflicting things - you want power and you want to be loved.

But you can't have both so you alternate between the two.

You are like a comic giant who whacks you over the head and then demands to be loved.

And when you are not loved, you wail, "Why do they hate us so?".

So we don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So being part of the American empire is like being part of a dysfunctional family.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
That website is kinda.. crazy. There are flying saucers and pyramids and crayon drawings on their main page manner. :huh:

coberst

Let us speculate here.

Our corporate and institutional leaders (banks, insurance, think tanks, universities etc.) manage most of our national organized wealth. As is evident by their income these individuals have few overseers, they pretty well set their own financial rewards with little oversight. They have organizations such as chambers of commerce and the Roundtable; they live together in gated communities and country clubs. They exercise control over politicians by financing their campaigns and they exercise control over an uncritical citizenry through media propaganda.

Is it conceivable that such a group would not organize their ambitions and self-interest in secrecy?

ygolo

My termites win
Corporate America is not a cabal.

However, the dynamics of large organizations, whether they are multi-national corporations, or the goverment itself, leads to increasingly soul-crushing, de-individualizing, and corrupting environment.

You work for the state or work for Wal-mart. Either way, you will see evil in its subtle form (which is still better than other stuff that goes on in the world, which I guess, is a blessing).

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
The banking cabal has been coordinated and is melded in with government, but this has been the case for 96 years, not two decades. If you want to trace it back farther than that, I recommend looking into the Rothschild dynasty if you haven't yet. It takes only minimal cooperation at the top eschelon for government shadow hands, media bigwhigs, and bankers to work together for a common goal that is in disagreement with the public's best interest- this is conspiracy by definition.