123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Arrow Hologram theory and the existence of fate and/or God

First off: READ THIS. It is paramount for your thoughts and words on the matter. Don't worry, it's very interesting.

Our world may be a giant hologram - space - 15 January 2009 - New Scientist

The thoughts it brings to mind are quite scary. If reality is just a projection of what goes on at the edges of the ever-expanding universe...
    Then one could argue that everything is predetermined.
    Thus fate could quite possibly be something real.
    Or God. Whatever anyone would wish to call it.
    There are several possibilities.
    I cannot rationally discard the possibility of something greater controlling
    every last tiny detail after having read and pondered this matter.

I would like your thoughts on this matter. This will probably give me Peguy-points ().

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    The thoughts it brings to mind are quite scary. If reality is just a projection of what goes on at the edges of the ever-expanding universe...
    Then one could argue that everything is predetermined.
    Thus fate could quite possibly be something real.
    Or God. Whatever anyone would wish to call it.
    There are several possibilities.
    I cannot rationally discard the possibility of something greater controlling
    every last tiny detail after having read and pondered this matter.
    If our lives are predetermined, than it doesn't really matter what we think, eh? And if our lives aren't predetermined, than it's pretty useless to spend it thinking about whether our lives are predetermined.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Valid thought, but that isn't the question. Please don't derail and/or troll.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Valid thought, but that isn't the question. Please don't derail and/or troll.
    What is the question then? All I can see is you asking for our thoughts on the matter. Which I divulged.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INxP

To accept the idea that there is 'fate' would be to imply that there is a delay between what happens on the outside edge and what we perceive. One possible explanation for that would be that we(our consciousness) are 'here' (the place of the 3d projection) and not on there.

Taking the proposition that our consciousness is here instead of on that outer rim what would be the rules that defined matter interaction? How would it be possible to effect anything in the material world if we are consciousness removed from the actual 'reality'.
    Unless EVERYTHING is, at base, composed of light.(that we perceive/effect). How would that work with such a long transmission time? Basically, would the outer be defined by our actions within the inner or the converse? If the converse and it is controlled then would any free will exist?

/thoughts.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen
    cant run from fate forever
    this seemed relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I think that way when I over-hit the bong.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    To accept the idea that there is 'fate' would be to imply that there is a delay between what happens on the outside edge and what we perceive. One possible explanation for that would be that we(our consciousness) are 'here' (the place of the 3d projection) and not on there.

Taking the proposition that our consciousness is here instead of on that outer rim what would be the rules that defined matter interaction? How would it be possible to effect anything in the material world if we are consciousness removed from the actual 'reality'.
    Unless EVERYTHING is, at base, composed of light.(that we perceive/effect). How would that work with such a long transmission time? Basically, would the outer be defined by our actions within the inner or the converse? If the converse and it is controlled then would any free will exist?

/thoughts.
    Very through-provoking.

I guess the answer falls beyond scientific precincts, in the unmapped void of cosmic philosophy.

More empirically, is natural law manifest at every corner of the universe? Since we now know that the universe had in fact a beginning, was there a lawgiver, or is the order we observe in the universe a figment of our imagination?

If natural law is absent in these dim corners of the universe, than I guess ANYTHING could be possible.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have always found something comforting about my predestined path and the fate of my life but just recently i have been questioning my logic as maybe what i believe to be free will is infact fate or vise versa. I personally don't like the idea of life being random and making connections with people before we bounce off in different directions. At present i have not come to any conclusions or maybe this is a subject i will until my last day try to decipher.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Nature is a holographic computer program that can be hacked and manipulated at will, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Existential Game, moving above and beyond the terrestrial spheres of the matrix, becoming the Grand Architect of Creation!