• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Near-Death Experiences

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So lately I've been probing around this site: Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife

I find stuff like this completely fascinating. I am not sure if I believe in an afterlife or not, but the fact that there is so much material and discussion on near death experiences suggests something. Whether it is a common link in the way human brains are wired or if this really is substantial evidence for a supernatural realm will always be debatable. I'm curious to what you all think of this subject. Are near-death experiences genuine, or are they the result of the final gasps of neurons and chemicals clinging to life?

darlets

Whether it is a common link in the way human brains are wired or if this really is substantial evidence for a supernatural realm will always be debatable. I'm curious to what you all think of this subject. Are near-death experiences genuine, or are they the result of the final gasps of neurons and chemicals clinging to life?
Look I'm an atheist so I'm a LITTLE biased. But I'll find you a link later that talks about how during testing of how many G's a human body could take (they'd kept them in the centrifuge until they passed out) 18% of the subjects had a "near death experience". The white light, the out of body sensation.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, isn't each passing day of life a near-death experience?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't say for sure, but I really think there might be something to some of them. I think some are genuine, and others are hallucinations. Some are so vivid that I almost certainly believe they actually experienced this.

On the other hand, I did have a psychic-like experience that I think almost qualifies, because I feel that it helped me avoid a situation that might have led to death.

One particularly odd thing that'll never forget was when I was younger (about seven), and I thought I heard or saw something say that I was going to die in an hour. I got really scared and told my mother. We were going somewhere in the car, and she drove carefully. About an hour after I said this, according to her, we were stopped at a traffic light. The light turned green, and she was so worried about me that she hesitated to go. At this moment, a truck sped through the red light. She thinks it was going so quickly (about 60 mph) that it would have been deadly. The weirdest thing about this was that I didn't know how to tell time yet.