User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Near-Death Experiences

So lately I've been probing around this site: Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife

I find stuff like this completely fascinating. I am not sure if I believe in an afterlife or not, but the fact that there is so much material and discussion on near death experiences suggests something. Whether it is a common link in the way human brains are wired or if this really is substantial evidence for a supernatural realm will always be debatable. I'm curious to what you all think of this subject. Are near-death experiences genuine, or are they the result of the final gasps of neurons and chemicals clinging to life?
    9 wing 1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    Whether it is a common link in the way human brains are wired or if this really is substantial evidence for a supernatural realm will always be debatable. I'm curious to what you all think of this subject. Are near-death experiences genuine, or are they the result of the final gasps of neurons and chemicals clinging to life?
    Look I'm an atheist so I'm a LITTLE biased. But I'll find you a link later that talks about how during testing of how many G's a human body could take (they'd kept them in the centrifuge until they passed out) 18% of the subjects had a "near death experience". The white light, the out of body sensation.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Wait, isn't each passing day of life a near-death experience?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can't say for sure, but I really think there might be something to some of them. I think some are genuine, and others are hallucinations. Some are so vivid that I almost certainly believe they actually experienced this.

On the other hand, I did have a psychic-like experience that I think almost qualifies, because I feel that it helped me avoid a situation that might have led to death.

One particularly odd thing that'll never forget was when I was younger (about seven), and I thought I heard or saw something say that I was going to die in an hour. I got really scared and told my mother. We were going somewhere in the car, and she drove carefully. About an hour after I said this, according to her, we were stopped at a traffic light. The light turned green, and she was so worried about me that she hesitated to go. At this moment, a truck sped through the red light. She thinks it was going so quickly (about 60 mph) that it would have been deadly. The weirdest thing about this was that I didn't know how to tell time yet.