• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Predictability

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
I feel blahhh when anything reaches the point of being predictable.

But when I come to think of it, it's a nature of human (you know I'm generalizing) to be afraid of uncertainties. I believe Science was born out of that notion - to minimize variability, and raise the predictability level. Systems, structures, hierarchies, etc. came along to serve that purpose as well. The more mysterious or uncertain things are, the more we want to discover and straighten them out. We are subconsciously attracted to the mysteriousness, while at the same time consciously desire to make the mysterious no more mysterious. Those moments of our own discoveries give us intellectual orgasm. But after thousands of years of civilization, there are not that many mysteries out there to give us that kind of ecstasy. Instead, we get stuck in our own products of those intellectual orgasms :p Now we are all in the SOCIETY haha...

"Congratulations you just made the right choice. You are now boxed! Everything is in the reach of your hand, and no more worries about what you cannot control. Please follow our guidelines step by step in the most civilized manner. We guarantee happiness will come your way!” - signed The Society, with alpha of .05 or 95% Confidence Interval :D

Most of us chase after things that make ourselves so predictable, in the illusion that we’ll find happiness. I don’t know if I should be happy or depressed knowing it.

P.S. About the mysteries, we are now reaching out and trying to "de-mysterize" the outer space. Isn’t it cool heh? ;)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I am attracted to risk and profit. i have alot of Se and Ne in my chart. This made me frown upon ISXJs all the more.

People need predcitabilty to maintain their sense of inner stability. but predictability does not exist in the universe. anything is constantly changing.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People try to handle constant change by trying to make everything predictable even if it's not possible.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
People try to handle constant change by trying to make everything predictable even if it's not possible.

That's why we're Ne heh? :cheese:
Ppl talking in a thread in Relationships call us superficial. I guess that's how I am viewed

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That's pretty much what Js do. Ps are much more comfortable in changing or unpredictable circumstances.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That's why we're Ne heh? :cheese:
Ppl talking in a thread in Relationships call us superficial. I guess that's how I am viewed

Ne is the best thing ever happened to me. :smile:

Oh noes! We are not superficial. :(
I mean who could be deeper than us?
:laugh:

Oh well - we'll manage because things shouldb't be taken so seriously. ;)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
To me, life is like a dice. Some rolls will lead to death, but i still roll it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting OP topic; I think you maybe on to something, IEE.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I struggle to make everything predictable as I don't want any unfortunate surprises. ( My J is 67%) It's coming back to bite me though. I seems that it is all very boring now except for the things of uncertainty- and two things I HATE are uncertainty and waiting for thing. :(

I have been able to make almost everything predictable, and I'm still not satisfied. On top of that, it drains my energy level from worrying in case something DOES go wrong! I have figured out though that the following just CAN'T be predicted:

1) Getting a Relationship
2) Getting a secure job (Career with benefits)
3) Getting transferred into a new school with a better degree program

So, I guess I'm stuck waiting. The only thing I have found that can pull me away from all of this (in a good way) is an xNFP girl:happy: whom I was interested in, unfortunately, I think she hates me! :doh:

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
The only thing I have found that can pull me away from all of this (in a good way) is an xNFP girl:happy: whom I was interested in, unfortunately, I think she hates me! :doh:

awww xNFP and xSTJ make good relationships :) They balance each other out :hug: I hope she doesn't hate you as you said. Even if it was so, I'm sure she just hadn't known you enough :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't like predictable at all. in fact i thrive on the unexpected. i love to be surprised. i get bored talking to people when i know what they're going to say. i seek out people and experiences that i don't understand fully. i'm just not interested in spending much time on things i already know or have experienced.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I can't figure out how to "unpredictabalize" my life.... I miss the unpredictable now. :cry:

If I take my military-like routines away, I feel like a lost puppy dog not knowing WHAT to do! :doh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. I kind of like predictability. I am willing to accept change and don't mind a little of it. But I like there to be some constant in life. I don't mind predictable people. Change frightens me and makes me a bit anxious.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i crave change CONSTANTLY...it's maddening for those around me i'd assume.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i crave change CONSTANTLY...it's maddening for those around me i'd assume.

hmm.. maybe. I'd guess if you were moving all the time and changing friends and wanting to go out to a different restaurant all the time that could be a little hard for your friends :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...not changing friends...huh? that would be weird but if i could work it out yeah...i'd move all the time and eat at a new place every night sure. :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well...not changing friends...huh? that would be weird but if i could work it out yeah...i'd move all the time and eat at a new place every night sure. :D

Eek! See, that kind of throws me off.

I think my high Sness just likes some sameness. I'm the go to the same restaurant and get the same meal kind of person. Why fix what isn't broken? ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eek!? it's not eek worthy is it? i really wish every restaurant had a buffet. i don't like having to choose. i want to try everything. haha

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is a little eek worthy to me. :)
(But, most people don't have the means for this kind of lifestyle, so I don't meet a lot of people that actually do this. But I do meet people like yourself who would enjoy it.)