User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Predictability

the Dark Prophet of Kualu Array Serendipity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I can't figure out how to "unpredictabalize" my life.... I miss the unpredictable now.

If I take my military-like routines away, I feel like a lost puppy dog not knowing WHAT to do!

Hahaha.. Do LSD to the point of where you don't know where you are or whom you are. :P
    Or don't. I don't wish anyone that experience. xD
    But it certainly pulled me out of my J.
    And I love being somewhat comfortable with open options rather than closed routes.
    Woo, was I bored and sad during that time. xD
    Open for interpretation.
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Quote Originally Posted by lookingglassworld View Post
    Predictability to me is like watching paint dry. Boredom is slow death. Change is what life is all about. No change,no growth. (my experience anyway!!)
    Totally agree .. i used to hate change but am now embracing it .. granted, some serious shit had to happen for me to find my feet .. but now i have found them .. i love the fact 'I haven't got a clue what is going to happen' .. Wicked isn't it!!!!

Draw a line and live above it
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lookingglassworld View Post
    Predictability to me is like watching paint dry.
    Lucky you! As all complex systems are inherently unpredictable.

Ironically we are saved by Chaos Theory which shows that we can make accurate predictions over the short term.

So how lucky can you get - you can have unpredictability over the long term and predictability over the short term - you can have your cake and eat it too.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on