Thread: Obscenity

MBTI
    INTj

Guns don't kill kittens.....

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Do I have to point it out?

I am opposed to all obscenity on Typology Central.

I completely support your suspension.

I do not share your obscene point of view.
    You know, it just dawned on me. The only time I saw you support a cause is when it was "anti-something".

Must be fun being you.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    People on here actually said that to you? Yikes. Maybe I'm in the wrong place.
    There is a good number of interesting people here as well as knee jerk retards.

You just have to sort through the crap to get to the good stuff. Use the ignore function, it helps. Why I just made an addition to my list based on this thread alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Victor's points are logically valid, but the problem is that he is the "cultural minority" here and will therefore not be taken seriously. Majority rules, sadly. The way to get around this is to influence others to join your position, which he is trying to do here.
    This is completely true.

I can only add that I have been in a cultural minority all my life.

The way I have dealt with this is to avoid the cultural majority.

But here I am brought face to face with the cultural majority. And they are just as I remember them.

In the past they have succesfully intimidated me into silence. And it is no accident that powerful people here have suggested I be silent.

Unfortunately for them, this is a tolerant and well run site and my voice is being heard.

And that's the problem the cultural majority have - they don't like the sound of my voice.

And the sound of my voice is distinctive - I have my own voice and my own style.

This is naturally offensive to the cultural majority who don't have their own voice or own style. In fact they all seem to speak with the same voice and in the same style.

So I think it will be very interesting to see how this conversation between the cultural majority and the cultural minority, plays out.

The worst that can happen is that one side or the other gets silenced. And the best is that every voice is heard.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

This is completely true.

But here I am brought face to face with the cultural majority. And they are just as I remember them.

In the past they have succesfully intimidated me into silence. And it is no accident that powerful people here have suggested I be silent.

Unfortunately for them, this is a tolerant and well run site and my voice is being heard.

And that's the problem the cultural majority have - they don't like the sound of my voice.

And the sound of my voice is distinctive - I have my own voice and my own style.

This is naturally offensive to the cultural majority who don't have their own voice or own style. In fact they all seem to speak with the same voice and in the same style.

So I think it will be very interesting to see how this conversation between the cultural majority and the cultural minority, plays out.

The worst that can happen is that one side or the other gets silenced. And the best is that every voice is heard.
    Hi Victor. Do they have a form of the fairness doctrine in Australia?

heart on fire

This is completely true.

I thought I understood you before to say that Australia's culture closely supported your own cultural beliefs?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Really? Your beliefs seem entirely mainstream for an Australian. You collectively voted for Rudd, no? He certainly doesn't strike me as a gun-totin' cowboy (not that there's anything wrong with being a gun-totin' cowboy ).

Also, I wouldn't take this forum as some kind of coherent statement on any one culture - there are people here from many different cultures, and I would say that there seems to be a bit of a right-wing/libertarian leaning in general, which doesn't necessarily translate to any one real world culture. Some of the biggest bleeding hearts I know hail from the US.

And remember Victor - just because someone disagrees with you doesn't automatically make them a retarded asshole. You have the option of engaging - that you rarely take it doesn't reflect anything on those who try (to engage you).
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

heart on fire

I don't think gun rights advocates or those who are opposed to gun rights are either one in a cultural minority in the USA. Seems to be an equally divided issue. But that's just my impression.

It would be interesting to see statistics because I know just as many people set against guns as are pro-guns.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Guns don't kill kittens.....
    Yes, they do. Let me show you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Really? Your beliefs seem entirely mainstream for an Australian.
    Bless you, Kangirl.

Although I present myself as a raging radical, at the bottom of my heart, I want to be mainstream.

I should love to live on Main Street, and I do. I live in an expensive and chic suburb at the very centre of our Capital City.

I occasionally catch glimpses of the Prime Minister as he dines and deals his way through the day. And yes, Kevin Rudd PM is the very picture of a modern bureaucrat, but even he hankers for the radical edge, and the economic crisis has provided him with his opportunity.

Indeed to address the crisis he published a 7,000 word manifesto.

In which, as a man of the people, he belabours his ideological enemies.

He thought he was going to preside over a boring economy that has boomed for the last 18 years leaving his government with no debt whatsoever.

But lady luck intervened and now he is borrowing billions and billions of dollars and distributing it to his people - all with the blessing of the economists.

So our Kev is having his cake and eating it too.

Could I want anything less?

Can you blame me for having one foot in the mainstream and the other on the fringe?

I do love to dance between them.

The only thing that could make me happier, would be for you to dance with me.