User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I hope so. Because if I got up before 8am all those times for nothing, I'm going to be pissed.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFP

Time may or may not be a human construct. It may run both backwards or forwards. Or all at once.

We think we know what time it is, but truth be told, we haven't a clue.

As far as goldfish go, I have quite a few asleep under a layer of ice and a tarp right now. They will have been there for about five months on that first sunny day when I lift the tarp and the ice melts.

I will then call them to the surface and they will all come to me at the sound of my voice. And they will contine to come to the surface when I call them all summer long even if I call them from the deck and don't stand at the edge of the pond.

Is that memory? It's conditioning, but I don't know what else it could be based on other than memory.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

As far as goldfish go, I have quite a few asleep under a layer of ice and a tarp right now. They will have been there for about five months on that first sunny day when I lift the tarp and the ice melts.

I will then call them to the surface and they will all come to me at the sound of my voice. And they will contine to come to the surface when I call them all summer long even if I call them from the deck and don't stand at the edge of the pond.

Is that memory? It's conditioning, but I don't know what else it could be based on other than memory.
    Actually I've read that fish have a working memory of seven seconds. untypable must have confused working memory with long term.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

E=Mc<sq'd>

Energy exists, mass exists - and 'speed of light'<sq'd> is an attribute of Time.

... At least, that's the economic viewpoint for it.

Then what is the difference between a machine that can experience time and a personal computer?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Yes, time exists as the 4th spatial dimension of spacetime. However, as 3-dimensional beings we only perceive it in little cross-sections that we call "moments" and from this we perceive a horizontal timeline of events, giving us a false impression of what time is in its entirety.
    this guy.

Although i prefer to think of it this way: our brains only perceive time going forward because its the only way our brains can make sense of time (simple --> complex), ie it would make no sense to "forget the future" as you go...

the 4th dimension is a symmetry breaking dimension. So in one sense the space-time object already exists and so time is an illusion...in another sense though, the object expands at a rate faster than light in some calculations, so then time in a sense "trails" the actaul creation of this space time object.

if you really want to be mind fucked about time:
    black out from alcohol, and then watch videos of what you did those hours. It will be like that NEVER happened in time! you can never re-experience those moments EVER again...Because you cant remember experiencing those moments, its as if you never even experienced them once. if you hadnt taken those videos, it would be as if those moments in time never existed (as far as your perception is concerned).

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Does time really exist. Or is it merely an information projection from our brain. I recall that goldfishes only have 3 second of memory. so time pratically iunexistent to them. When there is a memory loss or the brain death, time is stolen from us. So i want to discuss, is time merely ia construction of information from our brain or does it really exist?
    time is just something to mark our lives and give reference to.

i tried walking around without my cell phone today, i totally lost track of time. total freedom. nothing to reference my obligations, responsibilites to. just pure being, satisfying basic needs. its like, once my sense of time and cell phone were gone, my entire societal obligations seemed to temporary not exist anymore. this is what the bums in berkeley who were temporary drop out students were talking about haha.

felt like i was living in the mountains or something. lolz

MBTI
    INTP

Does time really exist. Or is it merely an information projection from our brain. I recall that goldfishes only have 3 second of memory. so time pratically iunexistent to them. When there is a memory loss or the brain death, time is stolen from us. So i want to discuss, is time merely ia construction of information from our brain or does it really exist?
    Inflation is ahead of time.
    Is it ahead of time in time?

What is ahead of the subject is behind of the object.
    And vice versa.

Tic tic ..
    There is no count beyond the loci.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Let say you are a machine , and you have consciousness and information in the information center, Does it experience time? No. So i imagine time is a construct of the brain.
    and how would the machine be conscious if it couldnt experience time?!

if you suddenly forgot everything: ie couldnt remember the past: ie couldnt experience time passage -> you would have no comment on anything, no ability to make statements about yourself --> ie you wouldnt be conscious

FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Inflation is ahead of time.
    Is it ahead of time in time?

i mentioned this in my post. the space time 4d object is growing faster than the speed of light, and thus time is both an illusion (because much of the object is already "there" and yet time is real because the object hasnt been entirely created yet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Let say you are a machine , and you have consciousness and information in the information center, Does it experience time? No. So i imagine time is a construct of the brain.
    Machines don't experience time? Tell that to my stop watch. That's similar to how our brains experience time. It's nothing more than electrical impulses.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."