User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 57

  1. #21
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    A good story I heard that challenges racism against black people is one that takes place in Japan. Apparently, there is a ethnic group in Japan who is genetically and physically identical to regular Japanese people, but the group has a history of oppression and discrimination towards it. And this group scores an average of 15 points lower on IQ tests than regular Japanese. Black people in America also score an average of 15 points lower than whites.

    This helps make the case that IQ disparities have more to do with oppressed/discriminated minorities, than the actual race of the minority.

  2. #22
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Every biologist I speak to tells me that there is no genetic basis for race.
    Is it possible though that many have used their ancient tongue for so long (3000+) years only to have had to adapt to a totally diffrent one within 300 some years that there is at least a lingual property to an individual running paralel with their native origin.
    Last edited by professor goodstain; 02-21-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  3. #23
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    And although there is no biological basis for race, there is certainly a political one.

    MBTI itself grew out of the politics of race. "Personality Types", was written to complement the race theory of the day.

    So it is no surprise to find that while race has no basis in biology, MBTI has no basis in psychology.

    So whether to choose MBTI or not is a political decision.

  4. #24
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    And interestingly anti-racism is the talisman of the Hard Left. Mainly because they had so few successes in the 20th Century, except for anti-racism in South Africa. Where, all agree, it was a resounding success for the Hard Left.

    So the Hard Left wish to build on their anti-racism credentials by extending anti-racism to other areas.

    And surprisingly the Hard Left support Islamism so it is only natural they extend their anti-racism to Islamism

    So now if you oppose Islamism you are called, "an Islamophobe".

    And being called, "an Islamophobe", is equivalent, in the mind of the Hard Left, to being called, "a Racist".

    So calling someone, " an Islamophobe", is a successful form of political intimidation.

    But just as there is no basis in biology for race; and no basis in psychology for MBTI; a phobia of Islam is unknown to medicine.

    Medicine does successfully cure phobias. But I have never heard of anyone trying to cure Islamophobia. This is because it is a political term posing as a medical term.

  5. #25
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And interestingly anti-racism is the talisman of the Hard Left.
    Not just the Far-Left, but all of the Left. Anti-racism sure won't find a home on the Right.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Not just the Far-Left, but all of the Left. Anti-racism sure won't find a home on the Right.
    Wrong. Well, outside of America anyway. I know that's not true for Europe. I've been on an anti-BNP protest with the Conservatives.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And interestingly anti-racism is the talisman of the Hard Left. Mainly because they had so few successes in the 20th Century, except for anti-racism in South Africa. Where, all agree, it was a resounding success for the Hard Left.

    So the Hard Left wish to build on their anti-racism credentials by extending anti-racism to other areas.

    And surprisingly the Hard Left support Islamism so it is only natural they extend their anti-racism to Islamism

    So now if you oppose Islamism you are called, "an Islamophobe".

    And being called, "an Islamophobe", is equivalent, in the mind of the Hard Left, to being called, "a Racist".

    So calling someone, " an Islamophobe", is a successful form of political intimidation.

    But just as there is no basis in biology for race; and no basis in psychology for MBTI; a phobia of Islam is unknown to medicine.

    Medicine does successfully cure phobias. But I have never heard of anyone trying to cure Islamophobia. This is because it is a political term posing as a medical term.

    Yeah, like in Britain at the moment it seems like it's fine to be anti-semitic (because the leftists are pro-Palestine and often think Jew=Israel govt), but if you express the slightest annoyance at the fact that Islamic fundamentalists are preaching hatred in this country the leftists will consider you anti-Islamic, therefore Islamaphobe, therefore racist, even though there's patently no correlation and no reason to believe that you're anti-Islam.

  8. #28
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Yeah, like in Britain at the moment it seems like it's fine to be anti-semitic (because the leftists are pro-Palestine and often think Jew=Israel govt), but if you express the slightest annoyance at the fact that Islamic fundamentalists are preaching hatred in this country the leftists will consider you anti-Islamic, therefore Islamaphobe, therefore racist, even though there's patently no correlation and no reason to believe that you're anti-Islam.
    The hard left has in itself become a fundamentalist religion. They believe in their fundamentals as much as any religion out there. They just havn't writin their scripture yet. Oh, wait, congress is doin that as we speak.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I would imagine this is why so many East Asians and Indians seem to be more intelligent than a lot of white people as well. It's to do with your values at your upbringing. In Japan and China, for example, they're working almost all the time! It's totally frowned upon if you're not intelligent or don't get excellent results at school. So people try a bit harder than if it was seen as not a big deal. This probably means they develop less well in other aspects than other races, such as other races (maybe 'cultures' is a better word?) might come out as less intelligent in IQ tests but might have more practical or emotional intelligence. It's down to cultural values.

    Reactions?
    Every 12 year old, college prodigy (united states) is usually Chinese. If not, some Asian descent. I agree, values play a vital role.

    Education is important on a cultural level, for Asians. Getting into high school in Japan, is similar to getting into college in the States. Japan has a high teenage suicide rate due to academic pressure. I am also the product of early college acceptance. However, I'm not inherently more intelligent than others. I was just educated more vigorously as a youth. Reading by pre-k, Algebra by 1st. That was taught to me at home, along with the typical public school curriculum. If all groups of people were taught on that level, it would equal the playing field. It's not about having a higher IQ. It's just education. Most people are capable of absorbing facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Every biologist I speak to tells me that there is no genetic basis for race.
    Exactly

  10. #30
    Luctor et emergo Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Your statement was;

    In this case, skin colour does not determine intelligence,

    That's the context of my comment. I'm afraid you are rather transparent, and it's not likely you'll be able to hide behind "well that's not what I said" here, FWIW.
    That's a statement, not a question. There's a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    But just as a tip, Ezra my ENTJ friend, if one is trying to come off as sincerely open-minded and interested, it's probably best *not* to include sentences that refer to the "logic" of black people being less evolved/closer to primates than white people. Yes, yes, it was your friend, I got that, but still. Just a tip.
    Okay, I'm not open-minded or interested. I just want to force an opinion and get feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Intelligence is a much, much more different animal. The basis for improved intelligence is not some "white" person's inherent genetic inclination; it might be now, but it definitely wasn't way back. Intelligence and complexity of thought patterns are improved not by sheer luck: they are shaped by any form of interaction between humans, peaceful or hostile. Geographic factors also play a role in this: there's a reason why Europe is in the center of most world maps, because basically, even though civilization didn't quite start off there, it certainly made its quantum leaps there and around the Mediterranean littoral zones, while at the same time the still-black people of Africa kept stagnating. They certainly didn't have much choice: As you may well know, the lands of Africa aren't known for their agricultural generosity, something Europeans, Mesopotamians, Asians and the Americans (back when we didn't know about them) greatly enjoyed. And you definitely don't need to be a genius to know that the agricultural revolution fueled premodern civilization.

    Premodern civilizations, you say? Well that's just the beginning, and where the story actuallly starts (well even before that, actually, but it's a loooooong one). Just read up on the Greek and Roman empires, their formations and economic systems and you'll start to get an idea as to how they evolved the way they did. I'm feeling too jaded to type even more, but know this: Civilization cradled the mind, and the mind cradled civilization. Something the Africans did not ever get to do.
    Your last statement is debatable. After all, where does civilisation come from?

    As for the rest, you speak of African stagnation. Why did it stagnate, while Europe did not? Why did Europe progress, when Africa did not?

Similar Threads

  1. Is Darwin's Theory of Evolution supported by scientific evidence and why or why not?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 04:34 AM
  2. Is the Big Bang Theory supported by scientific evidence and why or why not?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  3. Music and String Theory
    By wyrdsister in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM
  4. What is a scientific theory?
    By Tamske in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 09:14 AM
  5. When folk theory meets scientific theory?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO