• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Prayer is a SIN and affront to God

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I don't attend a church. I'm not of the Christian faith.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't attend a church. I'm not of the Christian faith.

So you are not even a sectarian Christian but you feel quite free to say that I don't pray and that I am not the least bit credible.

Perhaps you are over-reaching yourself.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Nope. What I feel quite free to say is live and let live.

Mole

Permabanned
What I feel quite free to say is live and let live.

That sounds admirable.

Here, though, we do have freedom of religion.

You are free to follow any religion you wish, or no religion.

Personally I am very interested in the history of religions, and I am interested in both sides of any argument.

However some religions, and in particular, one religion says that any criticism of it is blasphemy.

And indeed as a write they are trying to pass a resolution in the UN, legally binding on all States, declaring all criticism of religion to be blasphemy.

Should they be successful, this will violate the Constitution of the United States of America. And here we would take it as a direct attack on freedom of speech.

For freedom of speech means nothing unless you can say what others don't want to hear.

And as far as I am concerned, that applies right here and now.

So where do you stand on freedom of speech and blasphemy?

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Haha. I'm not a fish. You can stick a hook out, but I'm not going to bite. :)

Do you really think this is the field which these issues will be decided? It is obviously not. The issue I'd like to address is your treatment of prayer, mainly is it or isn't it a true spiritual connection with God. To which one can offer no evidence one way or the other. As a non-religious person, I was offended that you would feel it necessary to preach your beliefs. But, in perspective of your last post, you are clearly looking for conflict, which makes this thread disingenuous.

Mole

Permabanned
As a non-religious person, I was offended that you would feel it necessary to preach your beliefs.

Freedom of speech means nothing unless you can say what otheres don't want to hear.

The fact that you are offended by my beliefs is neither here nor there.

The United Nations is at this moment trying to make it illegal for me to offend you in this way.

This is a direct attack on free speech which you seem to support.