User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP

Default 2012- Where Ends Meet, and People Freak!?

As a subject that many people have views on what are your views about it?
    Google it if you dont know about it. Anyways Nostradamus is a very compelling concept to grasp ahold of and to interpret. Do you feel the world will end? Do you feel nothing will happen? Do you just not give a damn? Anyways whats your take on the subject of nostradamus, 2012, or world epic ends?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

If you look back there is always something that is going to "end the world"

This would be a good poll :P

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

This would be a good poll :P
    Touche! .... ah well lol

It is quite wierd how someone 100's of years ago predicted many things that have come true though, especially the whole jousting thing. But in other perspectives of people, when someone overthinks a concept, in a way it can relate to any and everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

No doubt some people will behave just as they did new years eve 1999 lol or all the other well predicted end of world dates that have passed time and time again.

Personally I can see myself waking up the following day and going through the regular motions just like any other day because I am not a believer, not by a long shot.

When it all turns out ok, people will say it is been misinterpretated yet again, push back the date to another date they are sure is the right one, and the cycle will repeat again.

What I find fascinating is mankinds need to have an end of world date. Where does that come from?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Zealot View Post
    Touche! .... ah well lol

It is quite wierd how someone 100's of years ago predicted many things that have come true though, especially the whole jousting thing. But in other perspectives of people, when someone overthinks a concept, in a way it can relate to any and everything
    First I want to say that I think that this 2012 thing is pure nonsense.

I don't think that this is that much strange since thousands for people were thinking and it is no mirracle that a few of them managed to guess.

One the other hand what they have guessed in most cases is not a guess.
    They have only guessed that the world will be getting stronger technologically.

All of their hypothesises are just some generalistic statements that can be apply to many things that can happen in the next few centuries.

I am not impressed.

Plus I am sceptical that some of the things that are correct guesses were actually said by those "great" men. Since it would not be a problem to edit the idea through out the centuries.

As a subject that many people have views on what are your views about it?
    Google it if you dont know about it. Anyways Nostradamus is a very compelling concept to grasp ahold of and to interpret. Do you feel the world will end? Do you feel nothing will happen? Do you just not give a damn? Anyways whats your take on the subject of nostradamus, 2012, or world epic ends?
    Surely it's a religious view - if God created the world, God can bring the world to an end.

But most of all, it is a teleological view - that history has a direction and so a denouement.

But even deeper, it is a literate view - a book has a beginning and an end, and we follow each line from the beginning to the end.

The counter view, of course, is that the world is cyclical - it cycles the millennia over and over again so there is no beginning and no end.

But the reality is that no one can tell the future except, strangely enough, demographers.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    What I find fascinating is mankinds need to have an end of world date. Where does that come from?
    That should be a thread.

OP: It's garbage.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Nostradamus was high on crack.

MBTI
    ESTP

Well i think that the people who interpreted that context put to much thought into it. my belief is that "the World we know is gonna end" doesnt mean that some comet we cant see is going to slam into earth, but more on a political or some worldwide reformation level. Something that integrates all our values into a worldwide standard, denotating the end of the world as we know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well i think that the people who interpreted that context put to much thought into it. my belief is that "the World we know is gonna end" doesnt mean that some comet we cant see is going to slam into earth, but more on a political or some worldwide reformation level. Something that integrates all our values into a worldwide standard, denotating the end of the world as we know it.
    Agreed. I see it exactly how you stated your thoughts too. If ANYTHING there is going to be a reformation, politically. Even then, who really knows?

In some other way that people are interpreting 2012.. seems like it's just another "OMG Hitler is the Anti Christ! The world is coming to an end!" "OMG! Y2K!!! When 2000 hits it's going to be over!" "OMG! Bush is the Anti Christ! The world is coming to an end!" You get what I'm saying. Haha. And I don't believe it will be the "end of the world." I hope not anyways. CARPE DIEM!!!!!!