User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP

man i remember the y2k hype that was an "lol fail event" in my opinion but i think that world reformation would do the world good, it could have its drawbacks but i think that it has good point and bad point just like everything else does in life. I remember when i had a conversation with someone random about the pope being the anti christ, it was a very intersting conversation mind you.* I like the idea how the people interpreted the predictions the nostradamus made such as the twin towers falling and everything. That and also the way he did his predictions by going into some kinda of trance and stuff lol.

*= no pun intended, not meant to offend anyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

I love that stuff too. The Bible Code hoax is particularly fascinating to me. We've got the Lucifer Code (bar code 666) and all kinds of interesting things going on.

My mom told me a story once about some settlers in a town nearby us whose minister preached to them the predicted end of the world and they were to give away all their earthly goods and wait on the Lord. After the date passed they had to depend on the kindness (and rationality) of their neighbors to subsist.

Geez, we all know it doesn't work that way at all.

Our earthly goods will be taken away from us! Heh.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    istp

the entire earth and life as we know it could be destroyed in a blink of an eye by some sort of solar energy or space matter, why would this scare anybody? when we have far more advanced technology now that finds no reasonable explanation why we should expect some major even in 2012, i dont see why anyone would give so much credit to a mystic or an ancient calendar system.

even if something does happen, there is no way for us to know what it would be and therefore no reason to think about it until it happens.

heart on fire

It's just the new age flavor of rapture.

MBTI
    INTP

Let
    A = Credible people predicting that the world will end within a certain timeframe.
    B = Credible people predicting that the world will not end within the same timeframe.

If
    A/(A+B) >= 0.5
    Then
    Panic
    Else
    Continue

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    What I find fascinating is mankinds need to have an end of world date. Where does that come from?
    It's a relief to know that it is ending and there is nothing to do.

I think it would be best if they found out that some big rock is heading this way and it will be here in a week. It would appear on the night sky and we could just watch it and see how pretty it is. Everyone would be free of all worry, since it is too close and there isn't enough time to react. Drinking wine on a sofa on the backyard. That's the way to go.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm sure that the birth of my grandmother caused the Titanic to sink in 1912 so I wouldn't be surprised if her 100th birthday caused an apocolypse. Other than that the 2012 thing is a hoax.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post

I think it would be best if they found out that some big rock is heading this way and it will be here in a week. It would appear on the night sky and we could just watch it and see how pretty it is. Everyone would be free of all worry, since it is too close and there isn't enough time to react. Drinking wine on a sofa on the backyard. That's the way to go.
    It's funny that you mention that!... A "new" comet is orbiting the sun right now,(Comet Lulin)and it's closest approach to earth will be in roughly two and a half weeks from now... Hmmm

As for the end of the world as we know it in 2012,... Bring it on, we need some change. As far as I know, or from what I have read the Mayan calender is supposed to end on December 21st, 2012. Coincidentally it is the same time our Solar System will travel through our Galactic plain, or what the Mayans called "The Dark Rift"... I also read somewhere that the Mayans were lunatics!... *No pun intended*
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    the entire earth and life as we know it could be destroyed in a blink of an eye by some sort of solar energy or space matter, why would this scare anybody? when we have far more advanced technology now that finds no reasonable explanation why we should expect some major even in 2012, i dont see why anyone would give so much credit to a mystic or an ancient calendar system.

even if something does happen, there is no way for us to know what it would be and therefore no reason to think about it until it happens.
    A magnetic flip would be rather awesome and devasting at the same time.
    Otherwise... Yeah I just view it as the changing of the age. Mystic maya would say moving into the age of the aqarius.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post

I think that a event such ass that would bring the world together as a whole, because we would all know that were F***ed, i wouldn't think of a better way to go than chilling with friends, and partying for a week watching our very own demise. I agree with everything that you said...... FTW hahaha

Honestly what would you do in that event? Seriously!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]