User Tag List

First 12345 Last

You can get to the next floor by taking the stairs OR the escalator. The only thing worth questioning is where you're trying to go and what you're willing to do to get there. Everybody is on the path to where they are headed. I don't think I'm too optimistic or pessimistic, but most of the time other people think I'm more optimistic because I seek positive experiences. Things often deemed impossible by other people are exactly what's worth pursuing. Were the Wright brothers fundamentally optimistic? Probably. How else could they attempt to achieve the impossible? Were they pessimistic many times along the way? Most likely. I'm the same way.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by metamorphysics View Post
    I hate life too. I wish i was dead. In pessimism you only hurt yourself and those around you, its not life thats meaningless its you that makes it meaningless.
    You're putting words in my mouth and rather stereotypically too.

I see things for what they are and I expect the worst of it but that doesn't mean that I don't strive for what I want in life. If anything it makes me work harder.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    You're putting words in my mouth and rather stereotypically too.

I see things for what they are and I expect the worst of it but that doesn't mean that I don't strive for what I want in life. If anything it makes me work harder.

I know, I like to dramatically over exaggerate things from time to time, still rooted in a apparent shred of truth and in a weird way "justice"... now looking back on it, however, i would probably say i let my emotions get too much in the way, so sorry for that.

Doesnt a diest also see things for what they are? You dont see things for what they are untill you reach enlightenment... so uh, what drug is that again?

btw, what do you want?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    You can get to the next floor by taking the stairs OR the escalator. The only thing worth questioning is where you're trying to go and what you're willing to do to get there. Everybody is on the path to where they are headed. I don't think I'm too optimistic or pessimistic, but most of the time other people think I'm more optimistic because I seek positive experiences. Things often deemed impossible by other people are exactly what's worth pursuing. Were the Wright brothers fundamentally optimistic? Probably. How else could they attempt to achieve the impossible? Were they pessimistic many times along the way? Most likely. I'm the same way.
    well if the condition of your reality has parameters, a set "right" and "wrong", for optimism/pessimism than this statement "I don't think I'm too optimistic or pessimistic" isnt true(unless you think your personality is perfect on this subject)... and theres nothing wrong with being too optimistic(in a logical way), yet alot wrong with being too pessamistic.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Pessimism is useless, and quite pathetic. Realism is an illusion, there are only good/bad approximations of reality.

That leaves (moderate) Optimism as the strongest and most logical viewpoint to adapt.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I am generally pessimistic and cynical. I love where I am in my life now, I'm pretty happy, have a good job, do well in school, and snagged myself a great girl.

I just try to examine and forecast every possible situation. I think outcomes generally have more negative possibilities, however that doesn't mean I always expect them to happen. I tend to think I'm realistic more than I am overtly negative, but others may interpret my worldview to be jaded.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I place myself outside of this spectrum.

I consider myslef to be realistic/relativistic person in general.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I am a die hard optimist. Part of that is being a ESTP, another part is ADHD, and I guess the rest comes from having creative and motivated parents.

You can lay down and die or you can pull up your britches and do what needs to be done. And frankly, I'd rather get things done smiling and laughing than moping around with a little scowl on my face from being a sad little pessimist.

Solutions to problems are formulated out of positive energy, not negative energy.

I too am grounded by being realistic, but I consider that a blessing because it just forces me to identify the constraints of what I have to work with (time, help from others, quality of work desired) and formulate a winning strategy with those in mind, up front.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Common misconception: pessimists are unhappy.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think I'd describe myself as a realist. Everything is what it is, and I can put whatever slant I choose that works best for me. I choose mostly to view things as good, positive, or happy, since that is usually the most beneficial for me. So I guess you could say I'm a realistic optimist. Or an optimistic realist.
    Sometimes I can be negative if I don't think things through, though. And sometimes negativity has its place when things need to change.