User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Death is Freedom

A reply to the question: honestly, do you really want freedom?

Death is freedom, a state of being void of all thoughts and attachments...

Thoughts are but a reflection of your past state, attachments an entity bound to your future state, and together they enslave a person to a reality of nothingness where the best scenario is death and the worst a contemplation of suicide.

In death reality is neither bound to the past nor the future because neither one exists, in death your existence is reborn to a reality living in the present grasping that feeling that seemed to always torment you and slip from the fringes of your mind -- happiness; the feeling of well being; a state where the current mind is one with your surroundings and your instinctual desires depicted by these present entities; the oneness of self.

Only in death can one be free and only in freedom can one be happy. So, do I truly want freedom, you ask? I want it with every living breath that I make, every step that I take, and every fiber of my being that lights my existence; The only thing in life that is important enough to die for, on more than one level...

MBTI
    INxJ

People can be happy without total freedom. In fact, some individuals wouldn't flourish without parameters. Religion is a good example. Not an absolute truth, but you can see how it might apply for certain followers. Perception will play a role for each individual.

As for me, I agree with your statement.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

pondered something along these lines before

won't get into it

what's the use of freedom if you're dead though?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If I wasn't so afraid of death, I'd embrace it. I want that kind of freedom.

I know the cage you speak of all too well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I would assert that death is the complete lack of freedom. A constant state, unmoving, unchanging, static and without end. It is like claiming that a prison is the only freedom, a state free of choice and possibilites. Perhaps though it is merely the defintion of freedom where INTp and ENTp differ :smiley_violin:

The epitaph of Alexander the Great:

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough"

The quintessential ENTp epitaph:

"Out of options"
    Chivalry is only a name for that general spirit or state of mind which disposes men to heroic actions, and keeps them conversant with all that is beautiful and sublime in the intellectual and moral world
    - Kenelm Henry Digby

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with the premise here.

Quote Originally Posted by metamorphysics View Post
    A reply to the question: honestly, do you really want freedom?

Death is freedom, a state of being void of all thoughts and attachments...

Thoughts are but a reflection of your past state, attachments an entity bound to your future state, and together they enslave a person to a reality of nothingness where the best scenario is death and the worst a contemplation of suicide.

In death reality is neither bound to the past nor the future because neither one exists, in death your existence is reborn to a reality living in the present grasping that feeling that seemed to always torment you and slip from the fringes of your mind -- happiness; the feeling of well being; a state where the current mind is one with your surroundings and your instinctual desires depicted by these present entities; the oneness of self.

Only in death can one be free and only in freedom can one be happy. So, do I truly want freedom, you ask? I want it with every living breath that I make, every step that I take, and every fiber of my being that lights my existence; The only thing in life that is important enough to die for, on more than one level...
    Buddha would docilely challenge you to step off that ledge and embrace Nirvana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Death can't be freedom

Who wants freedom: It's the I.
    At the death, the "I", temporal dimension disappear. It doesn't travel in time anymore and as a dynamic state ceases to exist. So therefore the I will never get freedom in death because there's no I anymore to begin with.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Death can't be freedom

Who wants freedom: It's the I.
    At the death, the "I", temporal dimension disappear. It doesn't travel in time anymore and as a dynamic state ceases to exist. So therefore the I will never get freedom in death because there's no I anymore to begin with.
    yes, but that is only in context of physical death... whereas i was refering to a metaphysical death. Death can be freedom, if the being of your existence is conditioned by lack of freedom and the transformation brings freedom.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by metamorphysics View Post
    yes, but that is only in context of physical death... whereas i was refering to a metaphysical death. Death can be freedom, if the being of your existence is conditioned by lack of freedom and the transformation brings freedom.
    You assume that the lack of freedom can be resolved by the passage of living to death.
    Cancelling the problem out isn't solving it.

What you do is saying that
    X+1=3, so if you can't have 2 to make the equation correct you multiply both the equation and the result by 0. get 0 on both side and call it a day.

(weaaak)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE