User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Synchronicity

  1. #1
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default Synchronicity

    The past couple of weeks or so, I've been noticing that I have a tendency to look at the clock just as it is showing one digit. I seem to have a tendency to see 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 11:11.

    I haven't been checking my post count recently, but my just previous post concerning The Autobiography of Malcolm X was my 666th post. Is this because I am a white devil?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  2. #2
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i do too...and always 4:44 and i heard someone say that was a bad luck number once and it meant something bad that i can't remember anymore...but...whatever...i don't think i care...i like to make a wish...for fun...i think it's lucky.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #3
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I haven't been checking my post count recently, but my just previous post concerning The Autobiography of Malcolm X was my 666th post. Is this because I am a white devil?

  4. #4
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Hey. At least someone finally told me.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  5. #5
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Brilliant! *saves pic*

  6. #6
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i do too...and always 4:44 and i heard someone say that was a bad luck number once and it meant something bad that i can't remember anymore...but...whatever...i don't think i care...i like to make a wish...for fun...i think it's lucky.
    In Mandarin Chinese, 4 is an unlucky number because it sounds like the word for "die."

    Is it always the same clock? I'd get rid of that clock if I were you.

    It has anger issues.

  7. #7
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    This is easily explained by confirmation bias - you tend to only remember looking at the clock when your "OH SHITZZLE" alarm goes off in your brain, making you think the event is less probable than it really is.

  8. #8
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    This is easily explained by confirmation bias - you tend to only remember looking at the clock when your "OH SHITZZLE" alarm goes off in your brain, making you think the event is less probable than it really is.
    Yes, but it's been happening more than usual lately.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  9. #9
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    In Mandarin Chinese, 4 is an unlucky number because it sounds like the word for "die."

    Is it always the same clock? I'd get rid of that clock if I were you.

    It has anger issues.
    that's it! that's what it was! but they said it could also mean change...the death of something...but it was usually considered bad.

    at this point i think it's just some crazy intuition telling me when to look at the clock at that time.

    can i ask off topic for a sec...kinda related...when i hang up my clothes...i always just run and grab some hangers and it always turns out it's the right amount...always! why's that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #10
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    In Mandarin Chinese, 4 is an unlucky number because it sounds like the word for "die."

    Is it always the same clock? I'd get rid of that clock if I were you.

    It has anger issues.
    So the clock is telling me "Die, die, die!"

    Hahahaha.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Similar Threads

  1. Synchronicity, coincidence and confirmation bias?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 05:59 PM
  2. How can we find that resonant synchronization?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 06:05 AM
  3. Synchronized Presidential Debating (vid)
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO