User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Everyone is a bad person. No one is morally superior to anyone else.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ...but what about someone who consistently shows callous disregard to others, misanthropic, is morally destitute, but holds these attitudes to themselves so there isn't anything concrete to pin the bad person label?

Should the quality of being a bad person only be applied to someone who would clinically fall into that category, i.e. a sociopath?
    A thing has come up a few times in what people have said: the distinction between bad inside and bad outside.

Bad Inside: something "human" is missing or broken.
    Bad Outside: affects other people.

Which one would you like to focus on as primary?

The Bad Man, primarily, is he BI or has he B.O.?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Everyone is a bad person. No one is morally superior to anyone else.
    You never felt entitled to (do) anything in this life?

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't believe in bad people but then I'm sure that they don't believe in me either because that requires faith which is unquestionably reserved for the good... NO BADDIES ALOUD!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    people who do things knowingly that would hurt others all the time and don't care a bit about it...i think they're called sociopaths, right?
    In many cases this is correct. But there are cases that someone will have to manipulate the situation so that both of them will have use of it on the long run. People in some cases don't really think things through or they can't reject things that matter to them but they should.
    So, sometimes you have to hurt people to help them. Sometimes this means hurting them over longer periods of time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    In many cases this is correct. But there are cases that someone will have to manipulate the situation so that both of them will have use of it on the long run. People in some cases don't really think things through or they can't reject things that matter to them but they should.
    So, sometimes you have to hurt people to help them. Sometimes this means hurting them over longer periods of time.
    And technically speaking, surgery is assault with a deadly weapon.

Think about it. To be a surgeon, you have to be okay with cutting up human bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    And technically speaking, surgery is assault with a deadly weapon.

Think about it. To be a surgeon, you have to be okay with cutting up human bodies.
    Sure.

And the butcher, the surgeon and the barber all belonged to the same medieval Guild.

And they all belonged to the same Guild because it was only this Guild that could give members permission to cut.

And often enough the butcher, the surgeon and the barber were the same person.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There's no hope for people with such bleeding hearts, they are part of the reason evil flourishes.

Yes, lack of empathy, when desire for power takes the place of desire for love, that's what I would say makes the difference. The little Hitlers of the world, estimated as 1 in 30. Socialized psychopaths are the more intelligent ones who learn how to work within the law to get their power kicks, they hurt people throughout their lives and get away with it. And there's always, always, always people ready to defend them, give them "second chance" because so many people cannot handle the concept of evil in others.

Then there's also corrupt judgment and people who don't balance their T-F use. To veer too far in either direction T or F I think leaves a person lopsided in their judgment and open to create havoc for others.
    I don't have any problems making judgments about people so I'll proclaim a person bad.

I think you bring up an interesting point that people seem not to be able to conceive of the evil of others. Maybe because it mirrors or hints at the evil in them so there's a motivation to ignore it or disavow it. That "other" could be someone you love. And then you get into all types of thoughts about what kind of person are you because of who you associate yourself with, so maybe your self-concept could take a beating simply by acknowledging the badness of another.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure.

And the butcher, the surgeon and the barber all belonged to the same medieval Guild.

And they all belonged to the same Guild because it was only this Guild that could give members permission to cut.

And often enough the butcher, the surgeon and the barber were the same person.
    I mean, cows aside, generally speaking, haircuts and kidney transplants take into consideration the cuttee's wishes. And usually the cutter chops no more than he contracted to.

An-n-nd--long step sideways--that's why bad men are bad. They are akin in character and effect to overzealous hairdressers. Something inside them has them disregarding the wishes of the people around them, and the people around them are subject to bobs in a time of pony tails.

The answer is licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    --that's why bad men are bad. They are akin in character and effect to overzealous hairdressers. Something inside them has them disregarding the wishes of the people around them...
    Precisely.

Just like Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.