User Tag List

First 34567 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I've met a few of the kind of people described. Gratefully only a handful. But I've sometimes questioned whether they are actually "people" or not, their behavior/affect has been so far out of the scope of what I think of as human.

The kinds I'm talking about are not only "pitiful" they are also dangerous.
    Yes, this is important. They are dangerous to know and keep in one's life. They don't seem human. And that's a good way to keep it all in perspective, a true psychopath won't be able to think like a human does, you can't reach them.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Reading this topic I'm starting to come up with the conclusion, that I'm a "Bad" person.
    Admittedly I don't know you, but you don't seem like a bad person to me. And your avatar always makes me smile. How could you be bad?

I've tried in RL to explain the idea of psychological egoism with regard to altruism... but then I'm told I'm a bad person to think that way, by the more sentimental folks.. Sigh.
    Seconding Anja - can you go into this a bit further? I *think* I have an idea of what you're getting at, and incidentally I think I agree.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    More common is badness where the person is responding with ill-suited or ineffecient behaviors that are causing distress to themselves or others not because they're trying to be jerks but because it's the best solution they have at the moment... and if their eyes are opened and they see a "better" solution, they would take it. People at only operate at their maximum developed potential at the time, and cannot long-term be more than they are.
    You're right of course. I make stupid decisions all the time thinking they are good solutions. Must be the P in me. Open to possibilities and impulsive. Often gets me in trouble.

Anyone have this problem? How do you deal with it?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I can always identify a bad person because they are breathing and have a pulse. That is the criteria that I use anyway. (And no I'm not really kidding.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

I believe you. Some people deal with things in strange ways. I'm no exception. How would a normal person deal with it?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I believe you. Some people deal with things in strange ways. I'm no exception. How would a normal person deal with it?
    Heh, I was responding to the OP and not you in particular. (Your post is kind of a derail anyway.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

MBTI
    INTP

It may seem bizarre. It's feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It may seem bizarre. It feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.
    This has happened to me. I don't think I was well liked during that time, but I didn't really care. Afterward, I would think, "maybe I shouldn't have said that," but I didn't "feel" guilty.. or anything, really.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    ENTP

It may seem bizarre. It's feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.
    Are you responding to me or to something else? I can't tell at this point.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

"Evil is Powerful. Courage is Solid." - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots tag.

... any way, what about the kind of 'bad' portrayed in The Dark Knight? Was The Joker really bad? Are evil-doers just something trivial in mankind? Was there any way to stop Harvey from becoming bad?

(Have to watch it again!)