• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the qualities of a bad person?

heart

heart on fire
I've met a few of the kind of people described. Gratefully only a handful. But I've sometimes questioned whether they are actually "people" or not, their behavior/affect has been so far out of the scope of what I think of as human.

The kinds I'm talking about are not only "pitiful" they are also dangerous.

Yes, this is important. They are dangerous to know and keep in one's life. They don't seem human. And that's a good way to keep it all in perspective, a true psychopath won't be able to think like a human does, you can't reach them.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Reading this topic I'm starting to come up with the conclusion, that I'm a "Bad" person.

Admittedly I don't know you, but you don't seem like a bad person to me. And your avatar always makes me smile. How could you be bad? ;)

I've tried in RL to explain the idea of psychological egoism with regard to altruism... but then I'm told I'm a bad person to think that way, by the more sentimental folks.. Sigh.

Seconding Anja - can you go into this a bit further? I *think* I have an idea of what you're getting at, and incidentally I think I agree.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
More common is badness where the person is responding with ill-suited or ineffecient behaviors that are causing distress to themselves or others not because they're trying to be jerks but because it's the best solution they have at the moment... and if their eyes are opened and they see a "better" solution, they would take it. People at only operate at their maximum developed potential at the time, and cannot long-term be more than they are.

You're right of course. I make stupid decisions all the time thinking they are good solutions. Must be the P in me. Open to possibilities and impulsive. Often gets me in trouble.

Anyone have this problem? How do you deal with it?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can always identify a bad person because they are breathing and have a pulse. That is the criteria that I use anyway. (And no I'm not really kidding.)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I believe you. Some people deal with things in strange ways. I'm no exception. How would a normal person deal with it?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
It may seem bizarre. It's feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It may seem bizarre. It feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.

This has happened to me. I don't think I was well liked during that time, but I didn't really care. Afterward, I would think, "maybe I shouldn't have said that," but I didn't "feel" guilty.. or anything, really.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It may seem bizarre. It's feels bizarre. Another INTP once told me a story about a time when he faced an extremely stressful emotional situation and he told me he was totally detached emotionally. I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it myself. The obvious advantage is that emotional states of mind lead to stupid decisions. I have to admit I was in that state earlier.

Are you responding to me or to something else? I can't tell at this point. :huh:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Evil is Powerful. Courage is Solid." - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots tag.

... any way, what about the kind of 'bad' portrayed in The Dark Knight? Was The Joker really bad? Are evil-doers just something trivial in mankind? Was there any way to stop Harvey from becoming bad?

(Have to watch it again!)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just as you've probably heard so often, I don't really believe in bad people. Life is all about decisions, and I think people are led by illusions, which is common though, because we are are cheated one point or another. Whether it be the thought that money brings happiness, sex brings happiness, or whatever false leading drive that humans are fooled by. I think making bad decisions is relative though, everyone makes bad decisions, we can't deny it. It's the line that seperates those who commit serious threats and crims against humanity that the decision making process is really effected.

Every decision is made with a goal in sight, money.power.sex..love, but mostly money, whether we like to admitt it or not. We can't blaim humans, in general, for falling for this illusions, as we are all tempted by money everyday..it's almost necessary for our survival, or what we think we need to survive.

Emotions often lead to bad decisions, but outside stimuli often contribute one way or another..

Through and through, I think all bad decisions stem from a deep internal human desire and selfishness, that not everyone wants to and can admitt exists in them.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Personally, I'm driven by love... money can wait (big time), as I already feel abundant with the resources available.

... but I don't think what you said seems sound - some people are degenerates, and act it... no hope for them, whatsoever.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Personally, I'm driven by love... money can wait (big time), as I already feel abundant with the resources available.

... but I don't think what you said seems sound - some people are degenerates, and act it... no hope for them, whatsoever.

Good point.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a bad person.

It's not that I try to be one, it's just that I don't try hard enough not to be one :doh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm thinking about when people say "Jane does XYZ bad things, but she's really a good person,"

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. What is Jane's number? I like girls who do XYZ bad things. :cool:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You like women who slip you a mickey and take your wallet and charge up all your credit cards?

I don't have any credit cards. The rest of that sounds pretty hot, though. :blush:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I do believe in bad people. It's not really just being selfish and stepping others' toes. It's people who get pleasure from making other people's lives miserable.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a bad person.

It's not that I try to be one, it's just that I don't try hard enough not to be one :doh:

whatever! don't do that to yourself...no you're not.
i don't think a 'bad" person would even think to say it.