• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Every Thing

Mole

Permabanned
Behind every thing is eternity.

Every thing is a door that opens into the deepest place.

But take a tip from me, stand outside and just put your head in.

Take a squiz -

Look at the quality of light; listen to the music; let the warm air caress you.

But under no circumstance go in - there are plenty of other doors that open into eternity - and you need to find the right one for you.

Sure it can be sad to close a door onto eternity and find yourself in the very corridor you just left.

But a few more steps and there is another door - and who knows what you might find behind it.

Of course you could go mad and dance down the corridor flinging open all the doors behind you.

This is not quite as mad as it may seem as only an eternity can beat another eternity.

And as the corridor fills with light, you bask in eternities.

You breathe the light and become transcendent light.

Transcending all the eternities that ever existed.

Just remember, don't open the first door you see.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow...i kinda feel like you wrote that just for me...because it so relates to my thoughts at the moment...this life i have and the others i dream of...never knowing what's best...seeing the beauty within each possibility but not wanting to be trapped once there.

Mole

Permabanned
wow...i kinda feel like you wrote that just for me...because it so relates to my thoughts at the moment...this life i have and the others i dream of...never knowing what's best...seeing the beauty within each possibility but not wanting to be trapped once there.

Yeah, I wrote it just for you 'cause I know just what you are thinking at this very moment.

I know the life you have and the life you dream of - although you never seem to know what's best - you do see the beauty within each possibility and you realise how easy it is to be seduced.

So this is why I wrote this warning for you.

To remember, to remember to remember.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i knew you'd say that...of course i didn't really think that but haven't you ever come across a poem, a quote or article or something and felt like there was a reason you were meant to read that at that moment?

Mole

Permabanned
i knew you'd say that...of course i didn't really think that but haven't you ever come across a poem, a quote or article or something and felt like there was a reason you were meant to read that at that moment?

Sure, but it's true - I do know what you are thinking at this very moment.

And of course there is a reason I know what you think at this very moment.

And you know the reason, and I know the reason, but we can't quite say it.

It remains behind the door in eternity.

It wants to be said, and it wants to be said forever.

But we can only say it in this very moment.

And thank heavens you don't have to say it, as I know what you are thinking right now.

Have you never turned on your pillow and said, "What are you thinking?".

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I think appreciate what you're saying, Victor. Never close the door behind yourself for the thought that you cannot turn back or cannot start over or cannot start fresh or change directions. Your life isn't over until it's over, and there is no point in wasting even a second of it doing something you don't feel is the best.

In a way, there's some truth to the idea that you cannot return completely to where you left, for everything that you touch touches you and leaves its mark. But may it always be a mark for the better, a symbol of experience, of trials faced and lessons learned.

Let them say at the end of your life that you never resigned yourself to a path appearing in front of you compeling you unwillingly forward simply because it was there, but that you wandered your own path, learned your own favorite way full of newness and curiosity each day, and if this happened to be a well-traveled path or a seldom traveled one, it was yours nonetheless.

Mole

Permabanned
I think appreciate what you're saying, Victor. Never close the door behind yourself for the thought that you cannot turn back or cannot start over or cannot start fresh or change directions. Your life isn't over until it's over, and there is no point in wasting even a second of it doing something you don't feel is the best.

In a way, there's some truth to the idea that you cannot return completely to where you left, for everything that you touch touches you and leaves its mark. But may it always be a mark for the better, a symbol of experience, of trials faced and lessons learned.

Let them say at the end of your life that you never resigned yourself to a path appearing in front of you compeling you unwillingly forward simply because it was there, but that you wandered your own path, learned your own favorite way full of newness and curiosity each day, and if this happened to be a well-traveled path or a seldom traveled one, it was yours nonetheless.

Thanks for your reply, Antireconciler.

And if the meaning of any post is its reply, you have given meaning to my post.

And this is the basis of conversation.

You give meaning to my posts and I give meaning to your posts.

Normally we think the opposite. Normally I think I give meaning to my posts and you give meaning to your posts.

But here we have stepped through the looking glass, and we are no longer looking at ourself but we are looking at each other.

And it is this two way mirror in front of us now, that makes conversation possible.

You look at me and tell me what you see. And I look at you and tell you what I see.

This can be disorientating to the limited ego. So my only alternative is to expand my ego to include you.

Whoopee!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've been learning a lot about philosophy lately. It's slowing me down.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Thanks for your reply, Antireconciler.

And if the meaning of any post is its reply, you have given meaning to my post.

And this is the basis of conversation.

You give meaning to my posts and I give meaning to your posts.

Normally we think the opposite. Normally I think I give meaning to my posts and you give meaning to your posts.

But here we have stepped through the looking glass, and we are no longer looking at ourself but we are looking at each other.

And it is this two way mirror in front of us now, that makes conversation possible.

You look at me and tell me what you see. And I look at you and tell you what I see.

This can be disorientating to the limited ego. So my only alternative is to expand my ego to include you.

Whoopee!

In a sense, yes, although I think there is more to it than that. I do appreciate your particularly intimate reply though. I'm glad any time someone can make me feel something I don't know how to deal with. It makes me feel alive.

I would caution you though about speaking about such things on a personal level with people you don't know very well unless you provide the context which would free it of its disassociative ambiguity. Time together, experience together, is the only thing which can build the shared meaning which is the foundation of friendship, and only out of that are two people able to communicate deeply with each other. There is no bypassing that. There is no skipping steps. Even between those immune to fear and distrust.

And yes, the seeds of deep communication are in even the most trivial exchanges, but let those take root of their own accord, and never mistake what can be for what is simply because it can be. In other words, there are limitations to what you have just said.

As far as ego is concerned, I don't know what you mean, but impersonal as it might be, I'll still take it as a positive gesture, so thanks. :)

Mole

Permabanned
In a sense, yes, although I think there is more to it than that. I do appreciate your particularly intimate reply though. I'm glad any time someone can make me feel something I don't know how to deal with. It makes me feel alive.

I would caution you though about speaking about such things on a personal level with people you don't know very well unless you provide the context which would free it of its disassociative ambiguity. Time together, experience together, is the only thing which can build the shared meaning which is the foundation of friendship, and only out of that are two people able to communicate deeply with each other. There is no bypassing that. There is no skipping steps. Even between those immune to fear and distrust.

And yes, the seeds of deep communication are in even the most trivial exchanges, but let those take root of their own accord, and never mistake what can be for what is simply because it can be. In other words, there are limitations to what you have just said.

As far as ego is concerned, I don't know what you mean, but impersonal as it might be, I'll still take it as a positive gesture, so thanks. :)

When you write a book you are completely in control of the meaning.

But these forums are not a book. They are written not by one person but by many people.

But it is worse than that. These forums are written by many people in conversations.

So that the meaning cannot be determined by one person. Nor can it be determined by the poster.

Rather the meaning is determined by the reply, as in any conversation.

For instance, look at two actors in conversation. They respond to what the other is saying. In other words they look for the meaning in the face and voice of the other conversationalist.

So a conversation is indeed intimate. As is the whole of the Noosphere. That is why the Noosphere is called the Global Village. And there is nothing more intimate than a tribal village where all are in range of the voice and all share the same feelings.

So here we are in the electronic tribal village determining one another's meaning.

And seeking sympathy - to sympathise with one another. And sympathy means to feel the same as.

So as a large tribe - the MBTI tribe - we are striving for the same meaning and the same feeling. All through the electronic voice.

You don't get more intimate than that.

Freaky, eh?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Behind every thing is eternity.

Every thing is a door that opens into the deepest place.

But take a tip from me, stand outside and just put your head in.

Take a squiz -

Look at the quality of light; listen to the music; let the warm air caress you.

But under no circumstance go in - there are plenty of other doors that open into eternity - and you need to find the right one for you.

Sure it can be sad to close a door onto eternity and find yourself in the very corridor you just left.

But a few more steps and there is another door - and who knows what you might find behind it.

Of course you could go mad and dance down the corridor flinging open all the doors behind you.

This is not quite as mad as it may seem as only an eternity can beat another eternity.

And as the corridor fills with light, you bask in eternities.

You breathe the light and become transcendent light.

Transcending all the eternities that ever existed.

Just remember, don't open the first door you see.

Your trip through the rooms brings you back to the start. Or into the hall.

"Everything straight lies", as the dwarf says - "all truth is crooked, time itself is a circle".

So here we are again, Victor.

All over again.

As you say - only one eternity can beat another.

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
Hi Victor *wave*
I don't know what you are smokin, but whatever it is share with your fellow brothers and sisters! Lol

Seriously though;

Do you believe that everything that happens is for a reason or is this thread just a quirk or passing feeling you are having at the moment?

I believe that however people connect, even online although limited is a certain "level" of connection that was meant to take place between those 2 souls .
I see this in everything though, also life's events etc.

What do you think?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
It smells like the art teacher's office.

My old art teacher used to have sex with the history mistress in his office. /no joke

We suspected this was the case, my chums and I; he confirmed it later in life, over several beers & large whisky chasers.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Victor *wave*
I don't know what you are smokin, but whatever it is share with your fellow brothers and sisters! Lol

Seriously though;

Do you believe that everything that happens is for a reason or is this thread just a quirk or passing feeling you are having at the moment?

I believe that however people connect, even online although limited is a certain "level" of connection that was meant to take place between those 2 souls .
I see this in everything though, also life's events etc.

What do you think?

i always smoke before i read and respond to his posts...don't you? i thought that's what everyone did...no??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well it's all much more fun and makes so much more sense that way. ;)

Mole

Permabanned

I wrote it at the Farmers' Market while I was eating blackberries and listening to the most exquisite classical guitar.

The classical guitarist was playing right in front of me, and the markets were a swirl of light and movement and full of contented Australians on Australia Day.

How could I not write it?

How could I not share the creative tension between the blackberries and the music and my fellow Australians.

But it came out as the tension between the quotidian corridor and the ecstasy behind each door.

And it is this ecstasy between the every day corridor and the eternity behind each door that I wanted to prolong. Just as I wanted to prolong the blackberries and the music.

So I warned you not to enter the first door into eternity that you came upon.

But the truth is, I want you to loiter with me.

I want you to stay in this hiatus forever, between the blackberries and the classical guitar.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. You pissed me off to the nth degree in another thread and then I read this and melt on "between the blackberries and the classical guitar."

Sigh...

You're a very exasperating man altogether...