• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Every Thing

Mole

Permabanned
That's what Victor wants you to do. It speeds up his brainwashing process.

It's true, I like to put you in a light trance so that you will take in whatever I say without criticism.

But who can blame me?

I live not only here in Canberra, but I live in your minds as well.

And naturally I want to make myself at home.

So how natural I want to tidy up and wash you down. So your mind is spic and span for me and you.

What magic it is that I live in your mind and you live in mine.

I wash your mind and you wash mine.

Ruth and I would take long baths together on warm afternoons.

She would wash my hair and I would wash hers.

It was as close to brainwashing as we could get.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It's true, I like to put you in a light trance so that you will take in whatever I say without criticism.

But who can blame me?

I live not only here in Canberra, but I live in your minds as well.

And naturally I want to make myself at home.

So how natural I want to tidy up and wash you down. So your mind is spic and span for me and you.

What magic it is that I live in your mind and you live in mine.

I wash your mind and you wash mine.

This makes sense. I find I'm much more receptive to INFP musings when I'm in a general state of stupefaction.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. You pissed me off to the nth degree in another thread and then I read this and melt on "between the blackberries and the classical guitar."

Sigh...

You're a very exasperating man altogether...

:smoke: yeeaaah....that's a good line.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Sure, but it's true - I do know what you are thinking at this very moment.

And of course there is a reason I know what you think at this very moment.

And you know the reason, and I know the reason, but we can't quite say it.

It remains behind the door in eternity.

It wants to be said, and it wants to be said forever.

But we can only say it in this very moment.

And thank heavens you don't have to say it, as I know what you are thinking right now.

Have you never turned on your pillow and said, "What are you thinking?".

You just sound like a very elaborate troll.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
So a conversation is indeed intimate. As is the whole of the Noosphere. That is why the Noosphere is called the Global Village. And there is nothing more intimate than a tribal village where all are in range of the voice and all share the same feelings.

So here we are in the electronic tribal village determining one another's meaning.

And seeking sympathy - to sympathise with one another. And sympathy means to feel the same as.

So as a large tribe - the MBTI tribe - we are striving for the same meaning and the same feeling. All through the electronic voice.

You don't get more intimate than that.

Freaky, eh?

Hmm ... okay. I acknowledge.

In any case, your mind is clean, so there's no reason to fear you. *shrugs* Not really freaky.

Mole

Permabanned
Hmm ... okay. I acknowledge.

In any case, your mind is clean, so there's no reason to fear you. *shrugs* Not really freaky.

The important thing to remember is that the antidote is literacy.

Yes, literacy is the antidote to tribalism.

Yes, literacy is the antidote to the tribalism we have lived under for the last 200,000 years.

And luckily literacy is also the antidote to the tribalism of the internet.

Yes, literacy is the antidote to the electronic village, to the Noosphere, to the new tribalism, to the electronic tribalism.

So the literate. developed countries are not at the mercy of the neo tribalism. But unfortunately the illiterate countries are entirly at the mercy of the new electronic tribalism - as it buids on and amplifies their own ancient tribalism

So the tribalism of the illiterate becomes highly toxic as we now see with Islamism.

So it is in our interests to have a massive program of literacy throughout the world.

We can afford it. And we would be providing the antidote to the poison of tribalism.

One difficulty is that literacy is compulsory here - in that children are forced by law to go to school to learn to read and write.

And in the same way the tribal illiterates of the world will have to be forced to go to school.

This means we will have to change our Romantic view of tribalism.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
The important thing to remember is that the antidote is literacy.

Yes, literacy is the antidote to tribalism.
So it is in our interests to have a massive program of literacy throughout the world.

We can afford it. And we would be providing the antidote to the poison of tribalism.

Literacy ... yes, although this is just a form of something deeper, such as openness. At least in openness, close-mindedness (the opposite of openness) is not possible, and it is close-mindedness which leads to warfare and strife and tribalism.

So while literacy is a facet of openness, we can pragmatically take any action which helps promote openness in general, such as promoting education in general. Even more generally, we should promote, through whatever means are practical and peaceful, the generation and safekeeping of an atmosphere in which minds, young and old alike, are free to question, to be curious, and to seek the truth, without fear or repression.

This means we will have to change our Romantic view of tribalism.

Oh? How do you mean? As I take it though, I completely agree. For example, you can notice how many are of the persuasion that globalization destroys culture and only homogenizes and deadens. I would suggest, like you I believe, that the opposite is the truth, and that the desire to keep cultures from cross-cultural influence is fundamentally fear-based and born from a romantic desire to retreat to an earlier, purer time which is unavailable. While good intentioned, I would suggest these people are misinformed, and ironically are themselves embracing the deadening and thus lulling themselves to sleep without realizing it.