User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Default Parasitic Consenquences

I think a lot, almost too much,... Maybe...

I find it horrifyingly delightful, that we are so insignificant in the long run. It really makes me wonder sometimes, I wonder why selfishness, and self-righteousness is slowly consuming the ideals of what a proper society should be.

Frankly, I really don't see much point in governing people at all, Cyrus was a fool for thinking otherwise... They'll just do what they want anyhow...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ISFJ

If you are an anarchist you better shape up and carry a weapon with you at all times. Never know how violent others might be feeling...

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I've been with ya on that one before, and I'd still be if I hadn't studied Smith: let the people operate how they will (within reason), and everything will be better off. Well-sanctified Liberty will bring things no amount of governance could hold a candle to.

Whether you believe humans are basically good or not, people don't behave in a malicious manner unless they have sufficient reason for doing so. The best thing we can do is to create an environment (ie economy) where it's in peoples' best interest NOT to treat other people like shit.

MBTI
    Hype

And ancient History isn't my forte, but wasn't Cyrus the most liberal with his governance compared to all others up to and including his time? Give him some credit imo..... It's neither nice nor fair to judge the ancients by modern ideals. The ancient Greeks would be regarded as monsters and sociopaths in our day and age.

MBTI
    INFP

And history show us that ruling with a loose hand eventually brings about chaos. Then it's martial law time until everything settles down, a period of prosperity, followed by complacency and the cycle starts again. . .

Given human nature it seems sadly inevitable.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    Hype

History can show lots of things, including the inverse of your proposition: A stern hand leading to genocide, followed by an era of enlightened progress. Doesn't prove how we should govern...

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If you are an anarchist you better shape up and carry a weapon with you at all times. Never know how violent others might be feeling...
    I'm not an anarchist, I'm just another annoyed speck of dust, sorry if the post at hand was presented in a way that allows you to judge me...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    I'm not an anarchist, I'm just another annoyed speck of dust, sorry if the post at hand was presented in a way that allows you to judge me...
    I wasn't judging you. I was trying to figure out what exactly is your point.

MBTI
    INFP

Ultimately I don't think it matters which comes first. Doubt that it can be proven. My point is that the cycle has an historical life of it's own.

Knowing that people are grown-up children, let them have free-rein long enough and you'll have a mess. Society as a whole is not altruistic.

That's when whatever rules steps into high control. I think we are presently in that phase of the circle and perhaps what you are reacting to.

Edit: this post addresed noz.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    Hype

I was with you til this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

That's when whatever rules steps into high control. I think we are presently in that phase of the circle and perhaps what you are reacting to.

Edit: this post addresed noz.
    Do you know me better than myself... Cuz last I checked I wasn't worried about the world economy, oil running out, or the so-called erosion of our checks and balances....

So I'm curious, what, precisely am I reacting to? or did you mean my beliefs/attitude are a "function of the times", so to speak?

and also, what stage of this cycle are we in? I'm not really buying the cycle business because I think the world is essentially in uncharted territory. ( that is unless you're refering to some HUGE cosmological cycle, something the likes of the Maya believed.... then I just don't know :P )