User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Study your history, noz.

And no need to get all defensive on me. I was offering information not insulting your dignity.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I may take your opinions more seriously if you'd refrain from stereotyping my personality type.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I'm asking genuine questions, not being defensive(or stereotyping).... if you don't care to elaborate on what you meant, that's fine with me!

MBTI
    INFP

Okay. I'll buy that. If you study history you'll see that all civilizations follow a pattern from their inception to their decline and end.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Okay. I'll buy that. If you study history you'll see that all civilizations follow a pattern from their inception to their decline and end.
    And I'd probably agree if history was my subject.... but Civilzations don't live in an isolated world anymore, and the world is more connected and more different than it ever has before, so I think it's a new ball game as it were. Things might be different in the 21st century

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

I think the thread title has more of an explanation for the post then most of you think, that pretty much sums up society in a general sense, not to generalize,... But it's true, we have a bad tendency to be very parasitic in nature, and it just frustrates me to see that equality means absolutely nothing to a lot of people.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFP

That's a hopeful stance and one which is probably good to adopt.

The problem, as I see it, though, is not one of amount of knowledge but rather the nature of human behavior and that hasn't changed.

Edit: @noz.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    I think a lot, almost too much,... Maybe...

I find it horrifyingly delightful, that we are so insignificant in the long run. It really makes me wonder sometimes, I wonder why selfishness, and self-righteousness is slowly consuming the ideals of what a proper society should be.

Frankly, I really don't see much point in governing people at all, Cyrus was a fool for thinking otherwise... They'll just do what they want anyhow...
    Well, the point is that when you govern them, you create a more stable, comfortable environment overall than if you didn't. Most people would rather live with any kind of order before accepting anarchy. It's because people need and like structures in which they can develop expectations of how things will be, a sense of entitlement to keep things to a certain standard, and an idea of who's responsible for what.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I understand what you are saying , Demigod, about "horrifyingly delightful." It does tend to level the playing field. Nearly humorous.