User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Hank's way of thinking

[YOUTUBE="fDp7pkEcJVQ"]Everything Hank says is right[/YOUTUBE]

Assume what the what missionaries say here is true. Is Hank justified in kicking the sh*t out of this person?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't think Hank has that justification for kicking the sh*t out of "Hank." "Hank" questioned, and stated his preference for kraut and weiners. He never actually refused to kiss Hank's ass (however if he never kisses Hank's ass, then it is time for kicking the sh*t out of "Hank.") As for being different than Hank, I think "Hank" is actually more like Hank than he would care to admit. He thinks he is right.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

ThatGirl

I feel like kicking someones ass after watching that eight min movie that looked and sounded like it was supposed to be funny but at no point actually was, just to prove the same goddamn redundant point that could have been summed up in less than a sentence.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I feel like kicking someones ass after watching that eight min movie that looked and sounded like it was supposed to be funny but at no point actually was, just to prove the same goddamn redundant point that could have been summed up in less than a sentence.
    Hank's right.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Please sum "the entire thing" up in less than a sentence. I can't.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems that people in video lack a mental process for evaluating the correctness of information they're given once someone they consider an authority has stated it to be true.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It seems that people in video lack a mental process for evaluating the correctness of information they're given once someone they consider an authority has stated it to be true.
    I submit to people's authority if I respect them. They have to first earn that respect. Something I thought about recently. Would I ever go to work for Republican's even if it were an amazing opportunity to do something I love to do? No. I would get fired within two weeks. I have little respect for many of them, therefore I will not submit to their authority. Some of them I do have respect for. John McCain redeemed himself later in his campaign. He earned my respect.

Sometimes even if someone has earned my respect I will push the boundaries of that relationship, for what reason I'm not sure. I am a risk taker. I generally tend to push the boundaries on everything. It usually takes them to assert their authority before I will take a step back and respect the boundaries. If I have respect for the person, I will do that.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I submit to people's authority if I respect them. They have to first earn that respect. Something I thought about recently. Would I ever go to work for Republican's even if it were an amazing opportunity to do something I love to do? No. I would get fired within two weeks. I have little respect for many of them, therefore I will not submit to their authority. Some of them I do have respect for. John McCain redeemed himself later in his campaign. He earned my respect.

Sometimes even if someone has earned my respect I will push the boundaries of that relationship, for what reason I'm not sure. I am a risk taker. I generally tend to push the boundaries on everything. It usually takes them to assert their authority before I will take a step back and respect the boundaries. If I have respect for the person, I will do that.
    What the hell are you talking about? What is the relevance of your post to this thread?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? What is the relevance of your post to this thread?
    Did you watch the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm debating this point with my own perspective.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Did you watch the video?

I'm debating this point with my own perspective.
    The video points out how religious missionaries uncritically accept the dictates of an authority.

The question is whether or not it is a mistake to uncritically accept the dictates of an authority. The video suggests that it is because the two persons who have represented the missionaries were being ridiculed.

Did you say anything that is relevant to the question above?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/