User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

Default If you found out that you only have 6 months to live, what would you do?

List 5 things or more that you would try to do, before kicking the bucket.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I want six:

• Visit S.E. Asia
    • Write a letter to each of my closest friends/loved ones and explain to them how uniquely awesome they are. With diagrams.
    • Read the 'Bardo Thodol' to ensure a good rebirth. Maybe recruit some monks for the big day to be doubly safe.
    • Learn to give without the expectation of receiving. Practice true kindness.
    • Have many short lived passionate love-affairs.
    • Leave a mark on the world
    We don't need reason and we don't need logic, 'cause we've got feeling and we're damn proud of it!

Speeding Motorcycle - Daniel Johnston

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

I guess people don't like thinking about this kinda thing...

1) write a will, make some sort of video for my kids and family.
    2) visit places all over the world.
    3) quit my job and volunteer for as many organizations as possible.
    4) create something that people can remember me by. (artistic)
    5) start a revolution.

MBTI
    INXP

See the rest of the world.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If I found out I had 6 months to live I wouldn't really care about a list.

After initially arguing with every doctor wholl listen to me demanding this be fixed than curling up in the fetal position and losing it, I'd quit my job, pack up my home and sell everything, I'd organise a grand yet casual get-together with all the people I care about and open all the wine I've been saving for special occasions to have one last bang before I told people. Than I'd write a letter to those I cared about saying just that.

Id quit playing it safe and worrying about responsibilities, I'd travel overseas to South America or Africa or SE Asia once and Id drag my sisters with me making sure we lived each experience to its fullest, Id spend time with my nephew in an effort to leave a lasting impression, than when time was running low Id find a nice place away from civilisation by the beach, invite my friends and family and spend the rest of my time talking, crying, laughing, reminiscing, drinking and crying some more with those I care about.

Damn how depressing.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Okay I am very looking forward to the day I have to leave; not because I don't like my life, but because I am just curious what happens after and also because I am not afraid of dying. BUT honestly it wouldn't fit my plans if I died in 6 months from now already, because there is quite a few things I still need to do. And 6 months just aren't enough to achieved all those things.

None the less, here my "To Do List"

~ I would immediately go to Japan to see a Hanami

~ I would go and visit all the people that mean very much to me (which means: some of you guys here). And I wouldn't even care if I had to fly across the globe 10 times.

~ I would tell all the people I know or have ever known how I feel about them; even the ones that I don't have contact with anymore. Since I am very honest and direct, people know how I think about them, but I would like to tell it to them once more. I guess you would call that "coming clean".

~ I would gather all my stuff, especially all the things I wrote and are filled with knowledge and make sure that somebody that is worth it (which reminds me of exactly 1 person) gets them. That would be the "Gargoyles Legacy" I guess.

~ I would fight the reason that makes me die within 6 months. I am a fighter, always have been. I would fight it because 6 months are not enough to finish all the stuff I have started, and leaving like this would bother me a lot. If I seriously can't make my stay here longer, I guess I would have to find somebody to do that for me then. (and again, there is 1 person only capable of that)

Heh, so I guess I would kinda work my butt off during the last 6 months. What a great way to go.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

COOL This is extremely interesting. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it comin...

Every day I think I might die, but I don't do any of that stuff, which is kinda sad, although I think if I got a real verdict I would do it.

I guess we live our life thinking that we'll have time to do all the things we really want to do, so therefore we push it off.

Then I guess the worst thing that could happen, is just dieing suddenly, cause then we never get the chance to really do all that we ever dreamed of. It's just over in a split second.

Maybe thats why I am starting to think maybe I should just do what I really want to do NOW before who knows...

I know this is kinda digressing, so maybe you could add this to your list.
    i.e Your thoughts on the subject...

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Personally I don't wait with stuff to do it. I finish it as soon as I can, but there is just stuff you can't finish just yet. I mean let's say you want to have a nice husband and maybe a family some day...All I could do for that is to keep my eyes open for the "right guy". It's not that you can go and say "Okay, so...until next week I wanna find a husband". I mean if you want some real thing at least.

Also, some stuff just needs more than just one set of work. For example if you plan to have an awesome job somewhen, with an own company. You first have to learn the basics about your job, then you have to practice, then somewhen you have enough money to make your own business etc. So soms stuff just has a few little checkpoints until you achieve the big thing.

I am not sure how others do it, but personally I try to work on something every day. But then...you haven't seen my "To Do List".
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ISTP

1- Abandon all worries and be a bit more reckless.

2- make a video of some sort for each person that means alot to me (that was a good idea.. i had to steal it)

3- travel the world

4- make a positive difference in someone's life who is less fortunate

5- repent.

I swear I'm not a feeler... Shh.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Probably start behaving in a risky manner in hopes that something else would take me out before the 6 months- for some odd reason dying in a freak accident seems signifigantly more appealing to me than having a set deadline of when I was going to die
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett