User Tag List

First 234

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    There is no chance. Have you looked at a map ?
    No chance, eh? Were you aware that the Mongol traversed the waters between China and Japan many times, and odds are the only reason they didn't take Japan over was because their last, enormous fleet was destroyed by a freak typhoon. But I'll grant you that Mongols were much later than the time that we are likely talking about here.

However, I ask you, if it is not possible to go through that area with primitive technology, then how did mongoloid people ever make it to Japan in the first place?

You need to recall that apparently, one of the first places humans inhabited outside of Africa was Australia. When it comes to sailing high seas, and surviving arid climates, we are very good at it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, comparing modern day Israel and Japan, the similarities are utterly striking. Both are extremely intelligent nations that make do with little to no natural resources and have extremely disciplined and beautiful people.

While this is surprising that Judaism shaped Japanese culture (and makes me proud to be a Jew!), this also seems less surprising than something completely out of the blue.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Well, comparing modern day Israel and Japan, the similarities are utterly striking. Both are extremely intelligent nations that make do with little to no natural resources and have extremely disciplined and beautiful people.

While this is surprising that Judaism shaped Japanese culture (and makes me proud to be a Jew!), this also seems less surprising than something completely out of the blue.
    Actually, there was an Israeli/Jewish official that went to Japan and confirmed they did indeed have a strong connection; that more research needs to be done.

As soon as I find that quote, I will post it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Interesting links in the OP. Although in present day, if anything has shaped Japan, I'd say it's Western industrialization.

The Japanese and Jews are arguably the two most successful ethnic groups in America, in proportion to their population. I saw some studies a while ago, and believe those two groups were shown most likely to have high IQs and high financial income... so they're doing something right.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Interesting links in the OP. Although in present day, if anything has shaped Japan, I'd say it's Western industrialization.
    I would definitely agree with this. I forgot to mention in the OP, that I was only referring to ancient Japan being shaped by Judaism.

What I find most interesting are the specific Y chromosome connections. It seems only the Japanese, Jews (of mostly Caucasian origin), and Africans have them.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

The Japanese and Jews are arguably the two most successful ethnic groups in America, in proportion to their population. I saw some studies a while ago, and believe those two groups were shown most likely to have high IQs and high financial income... so they're doing something right.
    Well consider this:

the west itself is built upon the Judeo-Christian heritage. Some people are religious, some not. But it is the foundation for our society. Which we then transferred to Japan post WW2.

But for all of that, I think the ancient Japanese rituals and shinto and their temples are just awesome. You feel more peaceful just by seeing some of that on TV (like in the I Survived a Japanese Gameshow TV show)
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    But for all of that, I think the ancient Japanese rituals and shinto and their temples are just awesome. You feel more peaceful just by seeing some of that on TV (like in the I Survived a Japanese Gameshow TV show)
    If you look at the links posted in the OP, you will see the numerous similarities between early Judaism and ancient Japan. In the present, it's almost like your admiring your own heritage through the implementation of an (arguably Jewish) foundation that built young Japan.

MBTI
    INxJ

Official Statement:

Israeli officials publicly acknowledge the mysterious similarities between Judaism and Japan. Recently, in March of 2007, Rabbi Avichail of the Israeli Investigative Body Amishav, which searches for descendants of the Lost Tribes, arrived in Japan. Although they only stayed for a short amount of time, the investigative body concluded that "There is no doubt that there is some kind of strong connection between Judaism and Japan. More research is needed to determine the details."

Also Interesting:

Modern Documentation of Jews in Japan - The Jews of Kobe

MBTI
    INTj

This seems like the same claims made by Ethiopian Jews.

In the end, the answer is relatively simple . . .

The Oral Traditions, the Torah, and the Talmud are well traveled words and well traveled documents. These documents and words have influenced cultures, shaped new theologies, and have been utilized as the foundation for the worlds major religions. Hence, you do not need a Rabbi or a Lost Tribe to land on an island in order to influence a society.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    The Oral Traditions, the Torah, and the Talmud are well traveled words and well traveled documents. These documents and words have influenced cultures, shaped new theologies, and have been utilized as the foundation for the worlds major religions. Hence, you do not need a Rabbi or a Lost Tribe to land on an island in order to influence a society.
    Right-o, good sir. That is the most likely explanation. Yet, it still pleases me to know the influence was there, regardless of origin.

The Ethiopian claim as a lost tribe was made official and legal, a long time ago. Enough so, that Israel had two rescue missions to bring them back to their 'homeland'. The chief rabbis believe they were descended from the Tribe of Dan, and they have DNA to back it up. Basically, the rare Y haplotype that's only found in small percentages of Africans, Jews, Caucasian Europeans, and the Japanese.

Also, the same Rabbi that made the official statement about the connection between Japan and Judaism, was a great force in helping to reinstate Bnei Menashe. A lost tribe in India, descended from the Tribe of Menashe and the Tribe of Ephraim. They are still required to undergo conversion in Israel, but they have legal right of Aliya and have been assimilating in Israel since 2006. Either way, some of the lost tribe claims are substantial enough to warrant legal recognition of Jewish status from the chief rabbis.